Battlefield 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
played the beta for about an hour and I have to say that the graphics on pc are just drop dead amazing.

running the game in ultra settings and it's just wow but it feels the same as BF3.

I am not sure if I am going to buy it.

just feels the same.

Still no beta showing up on my Xbox dashboard. There's supposedly a work-around where you change your locale to the UK and when you sign out, it pops up. Only problem is when I did that, I had to sign in to an Xbox live profile to download it and as soon as I do, it disappears.

Perfect.

Scratch that, I got it to work. If you're having trouble getting it, do this. Go to your console setting and change your locale to UK. When you've done that, sign out of your Xbox live profile. Slide over to the games section and you'll see the beta download, click on it. Now you'll see 4 or 5 tabs for BF4 with one being the download. Highlight it and click on your Xbox controller home button and sign in to your profile that way.

Boom.

Scratch that, I got it to work. If you're having trouble getting it, do this. Go to your console setting and change your locale to UK. When you've done that, sign out of your Xbox live profile. Slide over to the games section and you'll see the beta download, click on it. Now you'll see 4 or 5 tabs for BF4 with one being the download. Highlight it and click on your Xbox controller home button and sign in to your profile that way.

Boom.

Are you playing? Are you doing siege of Shanghai?

Play conquest and I think you can blow up the whole building where the C flag is at. My friends died in the collapse. I dunno how to do it (take the skyscraper down) though.

Oops. That part is actually scripted. Time I guess. So it happens when it's supposed to happen.

I was playing for a bit but took a break. They changed it up a bit. You now use right thumbstick to knife people ala. Cod and B is now crouch. I'm not digging that you can't point out enemies using select and trying to figure out how.

So far it's not bad but it's on 360 so it's a slightly nicer looking BF3. I know it will look great on next gen though.

So far what I've noticed:

• The siege of Shanghai map was very interactive. Elevators go up and down. Some buildings have steel window shutters. There's this kiosk with a button to this bridge, I dunno what it does.
  • A tall building at the top-center of the map comes down at a scripted time. I think. And I dunno if they'd keep that or not. It was funny cause my whole squad got wiped out cause they were posted there.
  • Game mechanics & physics feel the same; bullets have drop. I don't have any cool sights or attachments on my gun yet.
  • Seems easier to pop out your chute than before. I remember having to jam on the space bar to do so.
  • You can dive underwater. So if you're getting shot at, you can swim underwater with the fishes.
  • You can 'sprint' across the water; you can speed swim by pressing the shift button.
  • You got 5 man squads. So it's pretty cool. Like BF2.
  • After you die, before you deploy, there's a small video at the left hand corner of the screen that shows you what each squad-mate is doing. Pretty neat. So you don't spawn into some bull**** and die for nothing. Neat.
  • Your killer is highlighted in orange. So you can see 'em. I dunno if that will be in hardcore or not.
  • And oh yeah, communications is built into the squad so you don't have to build a voice room in battle log before playing. That's a plus. Too bad they don't voice activate to speak. I dunno how they do that on console but they do have this feature on PC.
  • Scope glint isn't as obvious. But then again, the map was in the daylight.
  • The whole kit load out and customization feels odd. I found it very intuitive in BF3. Not so much in 4. I guess I have to get used to it.
  • I played on conquest on normal, 64 player map. At times, it felt as if I had to unload my whole clip to take down someone.
  • Oh yeah, I don't think you lose rounds when you switch out mags. But I have verify that.
  • Assault starts out with a grenade launcher and a med kit. Weird how you don't start out with a defibrillator. You have to get points for that.
  • Engineer doesn't come with his repair kit (blowtorch) off the bat. :lol Or maybe he does. I only played for an hour and a half.
  • I haven't knifed anyone yet.

Overall, it feels the same but new if that makes sense. The game feels fresh again. Feels refined despite the beta bugs.

Nice report, K. Mostly sounds like what I expected. I csnt say im even all that interested in this one. Ill get it and play it, but the excitement I had for 3 isnt there for 4. It looks like theyve made a lot of improvements and taken things to the next level, but I can't get too excited about it for some reason.

Back