Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People dislike it because they got killed by it. The problem is, DICE being a good developer who wants people to enjoy their game have been listening. So much so that pretty much everything has been nerfed. If a gun seems even slightly better than other guns people moan and groan until it's gimped into oblivion. this is one case where I rethink the developer is listening a little TOO closely.

How do you unlock the FAMAS anyway? I see nubs with it all the time, but I dont have a clue how they got it.

I just played today for the first time in a little while and got a good reminder of how atrocious people are at this game. Conquest seems like such a simple game....apparently not.

So I don't get the hate but it is what is.

I'm sick and tired of seeing the gun, most of the deaths i get are by tons of different players using the same gun, with 50 or so guns to choose from i don't understand the allegiance to one gun enough to get the 5000 kills some do with it.

So basically the hate is simple: Over-Familiarity, you see it so much so get sick of it.

People dislike it because they got killed by it. The problem is, DICE being a good developer who wants people to enjoy their game have been listening. So much so that pretty much everything has been nerfed. If a gun seems even slightly better than other guns people moan and groan until it's gimped into oblivion. this is one case where I rethink the developer is listening a little TOO closely.

How do you unlock the FAMAS anyway? I see nubs with it all the time, but I dont have a clue how they got it.

I just played today for the first time in a little while and got a good reminder of how atrocious people are at this game. Conquest seems like such a simple game....apparently not.

It's an assignment you have to complete on the assault medic class. I remember you have to kill this X amount of people and win y amount of squad team death match games.

I'm sick and tired of seeing the gun, most of the deaths i get are by tons of different players using the same gun, with 50 or so guns to choose from i don't understand the allegiance to one gun enough to get the 5000 kills some do with it.

Honestly, it's not that great of a gun; well at least for me. I tried using it to see the hype; yeah, it's got stopping power but I'm just not used to it. It has too much vertical jump so I switched back to the 416.

LOVE BF3 but I still can't fly those Jets to save my life (or my teammates)!

Same here :lol

So basically the hate is simple: Over-Familiarity, you see it so much so get sick of it.

If its not broke why fix it. I mean if I like the gun and I'm doing well with it should I change up because it bothers you? No, I'm not going to. I've got nearly 900 kills with it using it on both my US and RU groups for that set. It works for me so I'm using it and if you can't stop me thats not my problem. Not trying to be short but it is what it is.

I didn't ask you to stop Josh :lecture

I stated the reason for the hate is that with 50 guns it's tedious to see the same one all the time.

I myself have a few favourite guns but it's boring using the same ones all the time so i mix it up and use many, i've even used knes i've barely used to keep the game fresh

It's an assignment you have to complete on the assault medic class. I remember you have to kill this X amount of people and win y amount of squad team death match games.

Weird. That would explain it though. I only play Conquest.

Honestly, it's not that great of a gun; well at least for me. I tried using it to see the hype; yeah, it's got stopping power but I'm just not used to it. It has too much vertical jump so I switched back to the 416.

It sounds like my beloved pre-patch Scar. I'll try to give it a go before the inevitable nerf. As it stands, every weapon seems too weak to me now. Hit markers galore.

I didn't ask you to stop Josh :lecture

I stated the reason for the hate is that with 50 guns it's tedious to see the same one all the time.

I myself have a few favorite guns but it's boring using the same ones all the time so i mix it up and use many, i've even used knes i've barely used to keep the game fresh

I know. I was just stating why that people like me who use it don't care if it bothers someone to get killed by it. I don't like getting killed at all but it happens. :lol I'm gonna rock whatever makes the game fun for me and gives me the best chance at getting it done. If that works for others great but hating on it for the reasons I'm seeing are kind of lame IMO.

Vicious circle. A gun gets a rep for being OP, so people flock to it to take advantage which then gets annoying as so many are using it. It doesn't even need to actually be OP as long as the perception is there. A perception that is further cemented by the fact that so many are using it hehe.

The only thing that bugs me about this game is how DICE are nerfing everything just to please the noobs and the whiners.

The only thing that bugs me about this game is how DICE are nerfing everything just to please the noobs.

I would say their nerfing everything to please the skilled because only the noobs use the overpowered weapons like the Scar,Famas, or spammed rockets.

Cause THAT does get annoying.

I would say their nerfing everything to please the skilled because only the noobs use the overpowered weapons like the Scar,Famas, or spammed rockets.

Cause THAT does get annoying.

Whatever...I'm just tired of them nerfing everything because people whine. All the guns are getting to be practically the same and that's not "realistic" as they called this game.

Whatever...I'm just tired of them nerfing everything because people whine. All the guns are getting to be practically the same and that's not "realistic" as they called this game.
Maybe they are nerfed because they were wrong in the begining.

Maybe they are nerfed because they were wrong in the begining.

No, they were nerfed because of whiners. A .22 and a .50 caliber are totally different and should kill differenty. What this game is doing because of the whining, is putting all the guns the same. They advertized as "realistic" shooter but now they are catering to the whiners because they get killed too easily because of lack of skill. They did the same with the vehicle whores who were getting blown up supposedly too easily. They couldn't own anymore so.....

images

No, they were nerfed because of whiners. A .22 and a .50 caliber are totally different and should kill differenty. What this game is doing because of the whining, is putting all the guns the same. They advertized as "realistic" shooter but now they are catering to the whiners because they get killed too easily because of lack of skill. They did the same with the vehicle whores who were getting blown up supposedly too easily. They couldn't own anymore so.....

images

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

In other words if BF3 had a Nuke, it would be the same strength as a hand gun. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

In other words if BF3 had a Nuke, it would be the same strength as a hand gun. :lol

A nuke would get you a butt load of hit markers. As soon as people get killed by something a few times, it's "overpowered", so they complain about it anywhere it can be heard. This game has some things that need work, but I never felt like the damage was one of them.

Back