Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/03/march-cover-revealed-battlefield-3.aspx

The franchise that revolutionized online multiplayer for PC games is back.

In our world-exclusive cover story, Game Informer unveils the first numbered entry in the Battlefield series since 2005. Many longtime fans are wondering, "what took so long?!" DICE has honed the concept for the true sequel for years, but it wasn't until the company developed the powerful new Frostbite 2 engine that it felt all the pieces were in place to create a proper follow-up. Armed with powerful upgrades like deferred rendering, real-time radiosity, a new animation system borrowed from the EA Sports label, and an exponential leap in destructibility, executive producer Patrick Bach dubs Frostbite 2 "the best piece of technology on the market when it comes to building games."

You'll have to read the magazine to get the dirt on what DICE has in store for the single-player and multiplayer modes, but check back here and visit the official Battlefield 3 site tomorrow to watch the premiere teaser trailer and glean a few more key details.

Frequent the Battlefield 3 hub throughout the month of February for more exclusive features about the highly anticipated shooter coming to the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC.

cov215l0763503.jpg

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Gf-r-5oyWI8?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Gf-r-5oyWI8?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

This is it! We are very excited to announce the first details on Battlefield 3 and to kickstart the preorders for the Limited Edition!

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

Battlefield 3 will release this Fall. You can preorder the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at www.battlefield.com now. The exact contents of the Limited Edition will be revealed around GDC.

bf32d00packshots3171914.png

https://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/news/battlefield-3-first-details.html

UK retailer GAME has published what appears to be the first ever details on Battlefield 3, revealing that we'll be waging war in Paris, New York and Tehran, and destroying recognisable landmarks.

"Battlefield's back and looking better than ever," reads the product description.

"Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite 2, the next instalment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine.

"This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before."

"Watch buildings crumble and cover disappear as bullets and explosion tear through your surroundings! Even landmarks you recognise aren't safe from the destruction you'll inflict!"

"In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York."

Anyone up for a bit of Eiffel Tower destruction, then?

Looking forward to it. BC2 was awesome. I expect this will be as equally as balanced in this one and the game will kick as much ass.

This is the best gaming news of the year !!

PC collectors edition bought 100%

I am fully upgrading for this game just like I did with Bf2.

WOW ! I am so pumped.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0RzcvrynSXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Been waiting for this forever ! The only bad part about this game is that it's DICE. Will be buggy as hell as usual.

Been waiting for this forever ! The only bad part about this game is that it's DICE. Will be buggy as hell as usual.

I haven't had any problems with BF2 on the PS3. Not to start the whole COD/BF debate again but I found COD games had far more bugs. BF2 was pretty perfect right out of the box.

I haven't had any problems with BF2 on the PS3. Not to start the whole COD/BF debate again but I found COD games had far more bugs. BF2 was pretty perfect right out of the box.

That's probably because you're playing console. I play PC.

Back