Battle of the Movies - Final Match!! -- Empire Strikes Back vs The Godfather

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empire Strikes Back vs The Godfather

• Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • The Godfather

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*lud

Freaked Out
Reaction score
1/2 Final - Results:
14-13 The Godfather(1972) vs Raiders of the Lost Ark(1981)
18-9 Empire Strikes Back(1980) vs Seven Samurai(1954)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F I N A L :::
Empire Strikes Back /1980/

vs.

The Godfather /1972/

Vote in poll options.

My vote is The Godfather.

I'll vote Empire.

But frankly, this finale is weird. Those are two great, entertaining movies, but far from being cinematographic masterpieces. There were much better ones in those eliminated...:(

I'll vote Empire.

But frankly, this finale is weird. Those are two great, entertaining movies, but far from being cinematographic masterpieces. There were much better ones in those eliminated...:(

Didn't The Godfather pip Raiders at the final post?

The Godfather: cracking story but the cinematography's crap.

63590228065586537254987717_635864117378080928-418119885_glasses%2014.gif

I'll vote Empire.

I posted a while back that it doesn't matter what anyone voted for, ESB is going to take it.

I like Empire more, but Godfather is the better film so I voted Godfather.

as one of the few who casts genre bias aside.....

Godfather

ESB is the best SW movie, but it's never been on my top 10 of 'best movies ever made list'....I'd put SW in there as I've said many times before....

as one of the few who casts genre bias aside.....

Godfather

ESB is the best SW movie, but it's never been on my top 10 of 'best movies ever made list'....I'd put SW in there as I've said many times before....

I don't know, sometimes I think Genre Bias works against genre movies, as sci fi/Fantasy is often discounted as not serious filmmaking.

Who said The Godfather isn't a masterpiece? Hell, I think part 1 and part 2 are here.

So I'll vote for the Corleones.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gotta go with Godfather here. As rich, fulfilling a movie watching experience as you will find. You can get something like this in dramatic TV nowadays, but it will take 12 hour-long episodes to pull off what Godfather did, and really did better, in 3. I love Empire, but there's really no contest here.

The only comedy I can think of that won any Oscars was A Fish Called Wanda. Might be more, but yes, comedy is very much looked down upon.
Annie Hall won best director and best film, as well as best screenplay and actress. Though you might be able to argue that it's equal parts drama and comedy.

Back