Statue Batman V Superman: Wonder Woman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I think EXs should be a fantastic addition that's fit for the character, but not necessarily something that would hugely take away something from the statue if not put on whether by choice or lack thereof. Extra heads (comic Joker, Batgirl, Harley, Darkseid, even heat vision for Superman), carnivorous plant head for Ivy, axe hand for new Red Sonja, Batarang claws for Arkham Knight Batman are examples of nifty add-ons SSC can offer to their loyal customers or those who can easily avail from them directly, but won't make the regular lackluster in any way.

Most of Gal Gadot's pictures and fight scenes for BvS are with her shield. It's become an integral part of her costume as WW, and it's something big in size that you'd know something is missing when displayed without it. With this being the EX, SSC might as well just make more ES for the EX and less for the regular so they guarantee more sales :lol

Agreed. The shield is essential on this piece. A good EX, IMO, would've been similar to Angela recently, which you can switch her dual-wielding axe and sword hands with spear-throwing and guiding ones (maybe WW could've had switch-out hands holding her lasso?) Both options look complete but offer something different. SS purposely threw weak EX options at us the past couple years in an attempt to control the aftermarket and keep regs from sitting in the warehouse. Taking away the shield as part of the standard release ensures the same will happen with this.

Yeah, not having the shield for a Wonder Woman statue is like Superman missing the large "S" on his chest. It's essential, especially given the pose she's in for this statue.

Oh hey, look, a Wonder Woman statue. It has a good likeness, strong detail, better hair, and oh look...THE SHIELD. And look...less than $150. Sideshow really screwed this up by making the shield an exclusive. I'm passing on this right now and will probably get a few of the Wonder Woman movie statues from DC instead.

Attachments

• wwstat.jpg
    wwstat.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 185
Like I said. SS can't win with half of you no matter what they do. I am far from a SS apologist, but some of you wouldn't be happy if your statue came with a free bag of cash delivered by a naked ScarJo waiting for you in your bed. You'll find something to ***** about.......period.

Anyway, hoping the exclusive is still available in 40 days. That's when all of my rewards points will be available and this will be one of my last PO's since I'm pretty much out of space unless I want a cluttered collection. ......and I don't. All my RP will take about $200 off total and I need my BvS Batman and Dark Knight Joker points to go active.

Like I said. SS can't win with half of you no matter what they do. I am far from a SS apologist, but some of you wouldn't be happy if your statue came with a free bag of cash delivered by a naked ScarJo waiting for you in your bed. You'll find something to ***** about.......period.

They could win if they included essential items for the character and pose with their figure, instead of charging $$$ more for something that should have come with it anyway. That's my only complaint. I think the likeness is good and I love the pose and detail shown in the prototype. Whether that shows up in the final product is to be seen though. QC has not been their strong suit of late and I think people are warranted in their apprehension.

Let's focus on this statue alone. Do you think people have a valid reason to think and complain that making the shield an EX is too much, maybe too brutal of Sideshow?

They could win if they included essential items for the character and pose with their figure, instead of charging $$$ more for something that should have come with it anyway. That's my only complaint. I think the likeness is good and I love the pose and detail shown in the prototype. Whether that shows up in the final product is to be seen though. QC has not been their strong suit of late and I think people are warranted in their apprehension.

I look at a good exclusive as something you need rather than a stupid throw in no one cares about. Why bother with an ex if it stays in the box like the Indy ex head with no hat. Does anyone actually display that other than to say "I have the ex"? I want the ex to be a MUST HAVE instead of a WHO CARES.

Let's focus on this statue alone. Do you think people have a valid reason to think and complain that making the shield an EX is too much, maybe too brutal of Sideshow?

No, I don't think it's valid and the reason is because if you want this statue.....order the ex. If you wait around and miss out on what you could have had then it's your fault, not SS. I want an ex that's a MUST.

No, I don't think it's valid and the reason is because if you want this statue.....order the ex. If you wait around and miss out on what you could have had then it's your fault, not SS. I want an ex that's a MUST.

See, the answer of course from both camps can be seen as biased. Maybe you don't mind it being an EX because you can easily order from Sideshow. For people like me, I am complaining because we can't have the EX unless we pay aftermarket prices, or order from Sideshow and have it shipped to me which would cost me a lot of money. This would probably be $500 already. Getting the EX would cost me an additional $200, more or less. That also means I had to PO early if I wish to secure the EX just so I could get the shield -- and just pray that the piece would turn out worth my $700 in the end. Now that may not be valid for you, but it is valid enough for me to be frustrated and express that in discussions like this. Not everyone tries to find something to ***** about for the sake of dissing Sideshow.

See, the answer of course from both camps can be seen as biased. Maybe you don't mind it being an EX because you can easily order from Sideshow. For people like me, I am complaining because we can't have the EX unless we pay aftermarket prices, or order from Sideshow and have it shipped to me which would cost me a lot of money. This would probably be $500 already. Getting the EX would cost me an additional $200, more or less. That also means I had to PO early if I wish to secure the EX just so I could get the shield -- and just pray that the piece would turn out worth my $700 in the end. Now that may not be valid for you, but it is valid enough for me to be frustrated and express that in discussions like this. Not everyone tries to find something to ***** about for the sake of dissing Sideshow.

Well folks in the states have the same issue with wanting XM pieces. Have to pay an arm and a leg. I see your point, but I still feel like that if you want the statue, order it and pay what you have to pay. I pick and choose my pieces where as I used to order everything. Being very selective meant I could get the better pieces I truly wanted.

Well folks in the states have the same issue with wanting XM pieces. Have to pay an arm and a leg. I see your point, but I still feel like that if you want the statue, order it and pay what you have to pay. I pick and choose my pieces where as I used to order everything. Being very selective meant I could get the better pieces I truly wanted.

Well, at least with XM you know what you're going to get, that it's really going to be worth your money. Just can't bet my money on Sideshow after the BvS Batman release, which is what I have to do if I wanted to get the EX. So yeah, congrats to everyone who can easily PO the EX and just cancel without any consequences but losing the NRD if it turns out bad.

Good talk, buddy. Gotta sign out for now and work :duff

I look at a good exclusive as something you need rather than a stupid throw in no one cares about. Why bother with an ex if it stays in the box like the Indy ex head with no hat. Does anyone actually display that other than to say "I have the ex"? I want the ex to be a MUST HAVE instead of a WHO CARES.

If it's something the statue "needs" then why isn't it included with all versions and not just for the more expensive version? Oh, that's right...$$$. An exclusive part is just that, a part. It shouldn't be something that ties the whole statue together and is essential for the pose and character. As if the price of these statues hasn't increased enough in the last several years, they pull this crap. Hell, why not make the base an exclusive too! It's not like it's necessary or anything.

If it's something the statue "needs" then why isn't it included with all versions and not just for the more expensive version? Oh, that's right...$$$. An exclusive part is just that, a part. It shouldn't be something that ties the whole statue together and is essential for the pose and character. As if the price of these statues hasn't increased enough in the last several years, they pull this crap. Hell, why not make the base an exclusive too! It's not like it's necessary or anything.

What are you talking about? I've never paid more for an ex over a regular. They've always been the same price. Maybe there is a piece didn't order where the ex was more? No idea on that, but the ex and regular are usually the same price.

What are you talking about? I've never paid more for an ex over a regular. They've always been the same price. Maybe there is a piece didn't order where the ex was more? No idea on that, but the ex and regular are usually the same price.

My mistake. I thought that the exclusive versions were more costly. Either way, it should have been included. They lost an order with me over making the shield an exclusive. I've learned not to PO Sideshow, especially lately since the final product could differ greatly from the prototype. It's not worth the risk really. They knew this would be a popular figure and that there was a huge demand for it, so they're making something essential to the figure an exclusive, thus making it rare. I wouldn't be surprised if they charge an extra $50 for the exclusive too.

My mistake. I thought that the exclusive versions were more costly. Either way, it should have been included. They lost an order with me over making the shield an exclusive. I've learned not to PO Sideshow, especially lately since the final product could differ greatly from the prototype. It's not worth the risk really. They knew this would be a popular figure and that there was a huge demand for it, so they're making something essential to the figure an exclusive, thus making it rare. I wouldn't be surprised if they charge an extra $50 for the exclusive too.

So youre saying you threw a fit without even knowing the facts? :slap Its been posted the Ex costs the same as the reg. Whether outside of US or not. Its where/how you buy it that changes the cost, not Sideshow.

saw this in my twitter feed and got sad that this statue doesn't nail her likeness...still on the fence on whether to PO. I REALLY want a Gadot WW but likeness is pretty damn important.
C3ixn4OUEAQaMK-.jpg

Essentially the international buyers are saying they want crappy exclusives because they have to buy off the secondary market and that's why the ex edition so are so much more expensive so they want what they consider to be "essential" to come with the regular that they can get cheaper later.

I don't blame you for feeling that way, but being a US buyer means I want awesome exclusives that folks with the regular will feel like they missed out on.

So youre saying you threw a fit without even knowing the facts? :slap Its been posted the Ex costs the same as the reg. Whether outside of US or not. Its where/how you buy it that changes the cost, not Sideshow.

Regardless, the shield should be included by default. An exclusive should be an alternate head or some other little non-essential thing, not one of the major accessories for the character and pose.

Back