Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sirs,

You can say what you wish, that is what a forum is for!

I don't see what's wrong with this piece personally.

A head turn? So the artist got a little creative maybe, I dunno I don't see it as a big thing.

It certainly sounds like something not worthy of complaining about.

"His head is turned too much", just makes me LOL! :lol

Bruce you don’t think this statue has any flaws? I understand overreacting on things, but a lot of people have been stating legitimate flaws. For the amount of money we put into this I think we have the right to be vocal when flaws are noticed. This is a forum to converse on such matters, not just praise everything sideshow puts out.

I agree you should be happy with a fig before you PO mate. Maybe I'm not as picky as others. My wants for this piece were;

Be 1/4 scale
Be mixed media
Look like Keaton

They're all ticked so I'm getting it. A head that turns a bit much and a crease in the forehead won't stop me POing.

Nice attention to detail on the shoes.
I do wonder if SSC had to pay licensing fee to NIKE for it.
I am a NIKE shoes collector, seeing that they did the swoosh is definitely cool. Good to see :D

Yeah I noticed that... might be some photoshopping done on the pics we've seen thus far. Still, the pose isn't doing it for me. I mean, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it or anything, but I just feel like we should all be
WOWED by the piece, and I'm not getting that wow-factor with this. And this is coming from someone who still thinks Keaton is the best Batman... and I still love the two Burton films.

Yea how far the head is turned bothers me. If the likeness is like the video then this is an easy purchase for me

Was that offensive to you? :lol All I'm saying is that the Batman fan in general will probably love to have this in their collection. I'm a 1989 Batman fanatic and the flaws that most Batman fans can overlook or don't notice stick out like a sore thumb to me.

You guys are way too sensitive. :lol
I get what you're saying.

It's like how may ppl were satisfied with the DX01 clothing (myself included) on Joker yet many kept at the customizing b/c they felt it was quite inaccurate and wouldn't settle with just the DX01 set. I'm very casual with some of my collectibles where things don't need to be 100% accurate as long as they look great on display

Sirs,

You can say what you wish, that is what a forum is for!

I don't see what's wrong with this piece personally.

A head turn? So the artist got a little creative maybe, I dunno I don't see it as a big thing.

Nothing wrong with that, for me the more accurate the better.

I get what you're saying.

It's like how may ppl were satisfied with the DX01 clothing (myself included) on Joker yet many kept at the customizing b/c they felt it was quite inaccurate and wouldn't settle with just the DX01 set. I'm very casual with some of my collectibles where things don't need to be 100% accurate as long as they look great on display

Exactly.

For most everything else as a collector I'm pretty much ok with some minor inaccuracies. When it comes to 89 Batman stuff, especially 1/4 scale, I'll be scrutinizing it a bit more. As the average Batman fan I was fine with what HT has put out concerning the Nolan stuff and with what SS has shown concerning their other comic Batman PF and 1/6 scale. But when it comes to this, mostly because of that head turn, I'm not so sure I'll be getting it.

Yet another sideshow artistic interpretation piece. If you want accuracy, go with HT, want artistic interpretation and representation of the character, go with SS. Just look at the Hoth Han Solo thread lol.

ok, ok the work in progress sculpt from sideshow statue forum is alot better to me. the puckered keaton mouth is there.,.. if teh factory paint doesn't kill it might be great. curve isn't on the in progress sculpt

BATMANSS_zpsea2118de.jpg

BATMANSS3_zps8d9d9567.jpg

BATMANSS2_zps1cd3c6d9.jpg

statueforum

The biggest issue I had was with The lips not looking like Keaton's. Then I looked at the bottom 2pics showing un painted and painted face. Same thing, but the difference is the dark paint is covering up the pout.

Im in love!
Okay so lets go over the piece shall we. This is probably the best lit photo of the bunch.
4apa4upu.jpg

The curve on the forehead/brow, in this pic it's not visible which makes me think it's lighting that gives the effect.

The head turn, if you want a 100% film accurate statue then this isn't for you. If you want a cool looking 89 Batman, then PO away.

The face, to me, when good lighting is applied it's obviously Keaton, and the cowl is made to look like it's a little loose whuch it was in the film if I remeber correctly.

The body looks perfect to me.

And the base is a great touch.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Back