Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that buddy but RETURNS is the BEST BATMAN MOVIE ever in my opinion... It has a very comic like atmosphere which art direction is a mixture of gothic & avant-garde. Besides the characters are also played brilliantly by DeVito and Pfeiffer and the movie has the best liners of all time like:

-What do you want?
-Ahh, the direct approach. I admire that in a man with a mask. You don't really think you'll win, do you?
-THINGS CHANGE!

Batman Returns is an excellent movie and a great adaptation of the Batman character. It has the dark fantasy elements that are prevalent in the comics, something that the Nolan films tried to distance themselves from. I still love the Nolan Trilogy (all three), and they offer up a very exciting and entertaining alternative take on the character, just like the Burton Duo (B and BR) offer up their own exciting and interesting take on the character.

Directly from the sculptor and posted by someone over at SF:

View attachment 89679

Noice.

tumblr_lm2n61KLKS1qbrwu5o1_500.gif

Keaton was the best Batman.

Discuss?

Keaton = Bale for me, I love both and still struggle to decide which portrayal I prefer.

What is the exclusive?

"Welcome to the Bat Cave" Doormat

I think they did a great job with this one although, admittedly, I was expecting it to be $380. ;).

I am having an extremely difficult time deciding whether to get this one or the comic PF. I am also wondering if an Arkham Batman PF may be in their future plans.

The original "Futura" will always be THE Batmobile in my mind but I did like Keaton as Batman more so than the later interpretations even though he doesn't appear to be as deadly.

Overall, I really think this is great piece with a unique base that will make it stand out nicely from other similar pieces. If I get this, I feel as though i would also have to get the Reeve Superman and/or the Bale Batman when that one inevitably gets released. Fighting my wallet... it is too early in the morning for rational thoughts. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

'89 Batman never descends stairs in the move he only ascends them. Come on SS!! I want screen accuracy over a great statue.

Don't even get me started on the wrong species of bat featured in the piece...

He doesnt have his head turned THAT much. People are exagerating this. He could turn his head 'some' in the 89 suit and nothing I have seen makes me think this is out of the range of what was possible on screen.

Also, the lighting is playing tricks on his facial/cowl likeness. Pretty evident when you see the artists mockups. I thought it was too thick as well from some of the pics because of the lighting.

But then again, I am not a certified 89 Batman expert, just a generic Batman fan with an affinity for Keaton Bats, so anything I post on this should be immediately discredited.

He doesnt have his head turned THAT much. People are exagerating this. He could turn his head 'some' in the 89 suit and nothing I have seen makes me think this is out of the range of what was possible on screen.

Also, the lighting is playing tricks on his facial/cowl likeness. Pretty evident when you see the artists mockups. I thought it was too thick as well from some of the pics because of the lighting.

But then again, I am not a certified 89 Batman expert, just a generic Batman fan with an affinity for Keaton Bats, so anything I post on this should be immediately discredited.

:lol:rotfl

:goodpost: How dare you sir. How dare you, I say.

Pre-pre-ordered. I love the epic look the stairs will give him. This will definitely be an imposing piece in ANY collection.

I may have to get this afterall. It's too nice to pass up. Sideshow really hit this one out of the park. I'm laughing at the people getting upset over the smallest deviations though. It's everything I hated about Rainman threads, but without the pointless sugar coated praise. While I think Burton's films were very flawed, they definitely had some of the best actual Batman designs around. It's harder to beat 89 Batman's design as far as classiness goes.

I'm also a sucker for interesting bases and it doesn't get much more interesting than this. Random battlegrounds and rocks are always boring to me, but something like a flight of stairs is just so incredibly cool. This piece is going to look outstanding with some nice dark lighting around it.

I plan on ordering it. I think it came out very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The teaser video deserves a bump:

Thanks for sharing Marc :clap Oh boy! This just looks more amazing each time I see it and now that production piece video clip just had me flippin somersaults!!! :lol Get your order in tomorrow cos the EX will sell out within minutes!!!! :panic: :lol

I don't get the whole head tilt issue. SSC often takes liberties with its sculpts. Had they had a better costume in 1988 when the movie was filmed, Batman would have been able to tilt his head. I mean I don't see why SSC has to be limited in what they do with the sculpt just because the filmmakers were. Batman, outside of film, would be able to tilt his head.

So after reviewing this thread...if I don't preorder this then a.) I hate freedom b.) I hate sex and c.) I have a small weenus. Hard to argue with that logic so I've been convinced. Setting aside the funds right now.

So after reviewing this thread...if I don't preorder this then a.) I hate freedom b.) I hate sex and c.) I have a small weenus. Hard to argue with that logic so I've been convinced. Setting aside the funds right now.

:lol great post! (the sex part was me!) :wink1:

getting ready for the influx of 'EX OR FAIL' posts tomorrow which should start commencing approx. 15 seconds after its officially released for PO :lol

I think they did a great job with this one although, admittedly, I was expecting it to be $380. ;).

I am having an extremely difficult time deciding whether to get this one or the comic PF. I am also wondering if an Arkham Batman PF may be in their future plans.

The original "Futura" will always be THE Batmobile in my mind but I did like Keaton as Batman more so than the later interpretations even though he doesn't appear to be as deadly.

Overall, I really think this is great piece with a unique base that will make it stand out nicely from other similar pieces. If I get this, I feel as though i would also have to get the Reeve Superman and/or the Bale Batman when that one inevitably gets released. Fighting my wallet... it is too early in the morning for rational thoughts. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That is a subject that would really shine as a PF. That incarnation of Batman is already larger than life, so SS taking artistic liberties would actually work in it's favor here. Plus, in the games he's pretty agile, so almost no pose would contradict what we know of that version. Also, his suit is pretty intricate with the textures of the main suit and all the details of the gauntlets, belt and boots...easily one of the most finely detailed batsuits ever. It would be hard to pass up and Arkham-verse based Batman PF. I'd hope the pose would be something really dynamic too, like him about to throw a batarang.

I don't get the whole head tilt issue. SSC often takes liberties with its sculpts. Had they had a better costume in 1988 when the movie was filmed, Batman would have been able to tilt his head. I mean I don't see why SSC has to be limited in what they do with the sculpt just because the filmmakers were. Batman, outside of film, would be able to tilt his head.

Batman, outside of that film, would not have extra points on the Bat tail in his chest symbol. So why didn't SSC take the "liberty" to correct an error of the filmmakers there? (After all, the filmmakers corrected it in BR) Because they are striving for accuracy....well, sometimes.

Back