Statue Batman: Black And White Statues (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn.. both my Miller and Bane just got cancelled - the company I pre-oredered with couldn't pull through said they couldn't get them from their supplier.

And miller was scheduled for January so coming out early now

Frank Miller version 2 is due out next week.

As always, hope you will put up some pics of him ditch.

Would like to see how they have done the paint up on his face this time. Never owned him, but per Michael's review, the paint/sculpting around his face was not too good.

"My only real complaint is around the face. The cut between the cowl and lower jaw/nose isn't very sharp, making it even tougher for the paint boys to get a clean line. The sculpt of the face itself is also too soft, particularly the nose and lips. This makes them appear too Playdoh like, and takes away from some of the other excellent realism of the overall statue. The head sculpt isn't quite as 'Frank Miller' to me as the body is, but this is a pretty minor nit."
source

i dont know if i like they they are reworkingsome of these. I dont know imo if its worth picking up the unlimte statue for the price. I know what eveyone wants to say DC did it to keep pirces down but i dont really see that would say theyare doing it to mak more money. plain and simple. The B&W statues are a lot smaller then SS stuff and the prices on SS stuff is going up but little by little. 4 how small they are i dont see it costing DC more then 100 toever really make one. imo :peace

Just had the Miller re-release in today as promised here are some pictures.
This time the base is attatched to the figure.
Darth268.jpg

Darth267.jpg

Darth266.jpg

If you are on the fence about this one according to Diamond UK DC Collectibles UK distributor. This piece has been allocated so there may not be many to go around in the UK i don't know about every where else.

I think all the re-releases are going to be made in smaller numbers the same thing happened with the Kelly Jones and Mike Mignola reissues.

I was never a big fan of the B&W statues but in the future I might get this. It looks great and it is from one of my favorite comic book of all time.

I've decided to get out of the Batman statue game, so I have these if anyone needs them...

Ethan Van Sciver
Matt Wagner
Eduardo Risso
Nguyen Batman Beyond
Neal Adams
Alex Ross

Back