Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never even thought to use first person. I may just do that, though. I will say that, as far as the areas where you have to maneuver through those spinning blade columns go, though, I've found that drifting around them works great. Plus, it doesn't use up time.

In AC we got the Riddler WITHOUT the need of all trophies, right?
And now there needs to be every single of´em?
I got everything done, except this...so...very disappointing at the very end.

When I´m bored as hell (prolly next weekend. :lol ), I start to get´em all.

You needed 400 to get him in AC. It's just that Catwoman's 40 counted towards it.

I really don't get peoples aversion to the Riddler trophies.

Arkham Asylum 240 total and you had to get them all to get the achievement and lock up Nigma by calling in his location.
Arkham City 440 total, get 400 to lock up Nigma, get them all for the achievement.
Arkham Origins 200 Extortion files to collect to find the secret hideout and get the achievement
Arkham Knight 243 Riddler Trophies and Riddles to lock up Nigma and get the achievement

It's pretty much been the same through all the games and if anything City made you grind the most.

I really don't get peoples aversion to the Riddler trophies.

Arkham Asylum 240 total and you had to get them all to get the achievement and lock up Nigma by calling in his location.
Arkham City 440 total, get 400 to lock up Nigma, get them all for the achievement.
Arkham Origins 200 Extortion files to collect to find the secret hideout and get the achievement
Arkham Knight 243 Riddler Trophies and Riddles to lock up Nigma and get the achievement

It's pretty much been the same through all the games and if anything City made you grind the most.

A lot of people have no interest in arbitrary 'collection achievements' in video games.
They are a lazy way for developers to add content and extend quoted play time.
For those that enjoy them, more power to you. Nothing wrong with that.

But in pretty much every video game, they are a bonus and at most may result in an extra clip, extra mission, a cool reward, etc...
(In Assassins Creed I do the ones that result in those bonus sets of armor but ignore the 10 other types of collection quests in those games)

In Arkham Knight they've tied the games actual ending into needing to do what is normally a bonus side thing for the really hardcore players.

I wouldn't call achievements arbitrary at all. They do test your skills and lengthen the play time, but what's the problem with that? You're paying $59 plus for a game, unless you got it cheaper by buying it used or got it on sale. The extra content ensures that you're getting your money's worth. And I'd say that's especially the case with the Arkham games. Please stay away from The Witcher 3...

A lot of people have no interest in arbitrary 'collection achievements' in video games.

But in pretty much every video game, they are a bonus and at most may result in an extra clip, extra mission, a cool reward, etc...
(In Assassins Creed I do the ones that result in those bonus sets of armor but ignore the 10 other types of collection quests in those games)

In Arkham Knight they've tied the games actual ending into needing to do what is normally a bonus side thing for the really hardcore players.

Couldn't have said it better, I wonder how many people didn't even bother to getting to end once they found out they needed to find all those trophies.

Finding and collecting stuff in a game is fine, but I think forcing it on the players is just a bad game design. It really gets in the way of the story in my opinion.

A question for those who have completed the game!

Spoiler Spoiler:

A question for those who have completed the game!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Couldn't have said it better, I wonder how many people didn't even bother to getting to end once they found out they needed to find all those trophies.

Finding and collecting stuff in a game is fine, but I think forcing it on the players is just a bad game design. It really gets in the way of the story in my opinion.

Normally I might say, yeah I can see where you might not care to get every collectible especially if it doesn't alter the game in anyway but the fact is in each of these games getting the collectibles alters at least a side story element that makes the game more complete. The object of these games is not only to complete the main missions but to be Batman and actually apprehend the criminals and keep Gotham safe. That's why all the side missions are integral part of the end story. Not completing them basically means you aren't doing all the things you're supposed to do as Batman.

And the fact is if you don't 100% the everything, you still get an ending, it's not like you don't. You just don't get the extra cool ending you can get if you actually be the best Batman you can be.

I'm someone who usually does do things like getting all the Riddler trophies, but any such activities should always be a choice, and I certainly understand why having to do so in order to get the 'best' ending is a cause of irritation for some.

Normally I might say, yeah I can see where you might not care to get every collectible especially if it doesn't alter the game in anyway but the fact is in each of these games getting the collectibles alters at least a side story element that makes the game more complete. The object of these games is not only to complete the main missions but to be Batman and actually apprehend the criminals and keep Gotham safe. That's why all the side missions are integral part of the end story. Not completing them basically means you aren't doing all the things you're supposed to do as Batman.

And the fact is if you don't 100% the everything, you still get an ending, it's not like you don't. You just don't get the extra cool ending you can get if you actually be the best Batman you can be.

The ending they give you if you don't 100% everything tells you that it's not even the real ending and you have to 100% everything to get that real ending :lol

I've beaten all the Arkham games and never once cared to find those trophies, to me it wasn't worth it just to get a quick scene to capture riddler, but after being forced to complete about 80% of the game, I thought I was going to see the real ending to the game, only to see a half assed vague ending that then displays a message telling me to finish everything to get the real ending almost felt like I was being trolled by the developers, but still, it also didn't feel right after all the work I put in to see the real ending that I I quit there, so I completed it. By the time I did got the real ending I was just so burned out from flying all over the city hunt those trophies down and completing tedious side missions, I didn't even really care or find the real ending satisfying enough once it showed up on my screen.

Of course I'm not saying people are outright stupid for caring about those riddler trophies, I get why people collect them, and I've done similar things in other games to get a platinum trophy, but it really shouldn't be forced on us. Taking Riddler down in a side mission is totally different from seeing the ending to the final game in the RS trilogy.

The ending they give you if you don't 100% everything tells you that it's not even the real ending and you have to 100% everything to get that real ending [emoji38]

I've beaten all the Arkham games and never once cared to find those trophies, to me it wasn't worth it just to get a quick scene to capture riddler, but after being forced to complete about 80% of the game, I thought I was going to see the real ending to the game, only to see a half assed vague ending that then displays a message telling me to finish everything to get the real ending almost felt like I was being trolled by the developers, but still, it also didn't feel right after all the work I put in to see the real ending that I I quit there, so I completed it. By the time I did got the real ending I was just so burned out from flying all over the city hunt those trophies down and completing tedious side missions, I didn't even really care or find the real ending satisfying enough once it showed up on my screen.

Of course I'm not saying people are outright stupid for caring about those riddler trophies, I get why people collect them, and I've done similar things in other games to get a platinum trophy, but it really shouldn't be forced on us. Taking Riddler down in a side mission is totally different from seeing the ending to the final game in the RS trilogy.
You must have hated Castlevania 2 then.

Well I finally got the Brutality 101 Trophy to pop this morning when I turned on my Ps4, when I know damn well I did the 15 different moves at least 20 times yesterday.

not only do the riddles extend gameplay but they help you explore the world as well. I love the riddles because of this. I wouldve never seen places like calendar mans little hideout or crocs domain with the remnants of his devoured victims or the creepy ass solomon Grundy memorial. It's just a way to involve you more. Plus i enjoy punching riddler in the face :lol

The ending they give you if you don't 100% everything tells you that it's not even the real ending and you have to 100% everything to get that real ending :lol

I thought the "real ending" would've been

Spoiler Spoiler:

but once I saw the full ending on YouTube, I was super pleased that I didn't pull my hair out trying to track them all down. What a let down!

Are we going to get more DLC after the Season Pass is finished( 6 months content)?

[emoji38] i miss those games sometimes. Dont get me wrong the new Castlevania was decent. But sometimes I'd love a platformer like those with crazy current gen graphics.
Totally. At least it'd be neat if they fixed some of the old games for re-release today

Back