Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so ****ing tired of Miller's Dark Knight Returns. It was awesome when it came out because it destroyed the boundaries of normal Batman comics at the time, but it was a product of what was going on in the world then. It's completely overrated and shouldn't be the basis for every ****ing Batman comic, cartoon, and movie.

you do know i'm taking abou Frank Millers graphic novel, The Dark Knight Returns, not the movie The Dark Knight Rises right? :rolleyes2 :lol

no it wasn't. not even close, batman didn't come out of retirement, he ain't old, he not fightin da supes or any mutants. :dunno

O thought u meant dork knight rises

I'm so ****ing tired of Miller's Dark Knight Returns. It was awesome when it came out because it destroyed the boundaries of normal Batman comics at the time, but it was a product of what was going on in the world then. It's completely overrated and shouldn't be the basis for every ****ing Batman comic, cartoon, and movie.

I understand this, but if you look at it closely, the world is even more like TDKR now than when it was first released. it's really a social statement about history, and history repeats itself. Just my 2 pennies.

It's hard to understand what people mean with all these acronyms.

:lol :duff

O thought u meant dork knight rises

that would be one hell of a boring game. :lol

wall kicking physics tho! :panic:

I say give us a Batman Beyond game, that era needs more exposure and love. The only real issue is if that game focuses on the Beyond batmobile :dunno:

I would love Beyond just for the world of New Gotham. I'd love it to be a Blade Runner-esque tech noir monolith full of steam and neon. Conroy as old Bruce. Hell, I'm tired of everything being set in the Arkham Universe. Let it be its own, self contained story, and use the engine to move on to new things. I'd even be open to a new contemporary Batman game set in a different continuity, with different character designs, etc.

I personally think the Arkham Universe has much more to offer, that being said I wouldn't mind playing an Arkham game as Nightwing or hell even a GCPD cop.

I still think that Andrea Beaumont AKA the Phantasm needs to show up soon, the animated movie wasn't enough.

I think the only route to go is Beyond... Bruce had three games and as much as AK was a misstep, it was a OK book end to his story.

I guess I just don't like the Idea of any Batman but Bruce and maybe... **** Grayson.

I like Beyond don't get me wrong but from a narrative it kills me, everything Bruce ever did was all for naught since Gotham is still a **** hole. I know that is an overall theme but Bruce alone in Wayne manor is ****ing depressing. I look to Batman as a way to strengthen my own resolve so seeing that is sad.

Really bugged me we never got to visit the cave under Wayne Manor. We got that one in AA, but meh.
Not to mention, the batcave we got in the AC challenge map SUCKED, though the cave we got in the VR game looked decent from what we could see from it. As much as I like Origins, the batcave could have used a bit more too it even though it was a proto batcave ecessentally. I'm still waiting for the day we can get a fully explorable batcave and Wayne Manor.

Not to mention, the batcave we got in the AC challenge map SUCKED, though the cave we got in the VR game looked decent from what we could see from it. As much as I like Origins, the batcave could have used a bit more too it even though it was a proto batcave ecessentally. I'm still waiting for the day we can get a fully explorable batcave and Wayne Manor.

Agreed, I am not saying I want a Batman Sims game, but being able to customize or at least decide placement of things in a Batcave would be awesome.

If the game took place over a number of years then you could have different suits displayed and maybe a hall of valor for fallen robins lol. Always wondered by Bats didn't offer to build his own prison, Arkham is obviously not reliable and the officials would most likely be more than willing if a sizeable donation came along.

Agreed, I am not saying I want a Batman Sims game, but being able to customize or at least decide placement of things in a Batcave would be awesome.

If the game took place over a number of years then you could have different suits displayed and maybe a hall of valor for fallen robins lol. Always wondered by Bats didn't offer to build his own prison, Arkham is obviously not reliable and the officials would most likely be more than willing if a sizeable donation came along.
If there was anything that I wanted WBM to put back into the game after they had to cut it, was the ability to customize your Batsuit.

Back