Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a very informational video. Now, would I be able to find those calibration tests on YouTube, and run them from the PS4's YT app?

Unfortunately, you can't use Youtube videos for calibration, they're way too compressed. What I suggest is to get some calibration blu rays that comes with some blue filter lens, there are a ton of choices and I would say anything goes.

I don't think many people realize how inaccurate their TV displays are. A properly calibrated TV is not only accurate, but also soothing to the eyes and brings out the best performance your TV could offer. You'll never go back.

I've already reevaluated my calibration settings in anticipation of Arkham Knight, it's definitely a game I want to experience in the purest form possible.

That's a very informational video. Now, would I be able to find those calibration tests on YouTube, and run them from the PS4's YT app?

If you have the T2 Skynet Edition Blu Ray, it comes with a small calibration guide to adjust your colors. That's what I used :lol.

What's the brand and model of your TV, by the way? If you want a quick and dirty way of doing things, Google your TV and search "dark room settings". Just make sure you play it in a dark room or else your colors, brightness, and contrast won't be accurate.

If you have the T2 Skynet Edition Blu Ray, it comes with a small calibration guide to adjust your colors. That's what I used :lol.

What's the brand and model of your TV, by the way? If you want a quick and dirty way of doing things, Google your TV and search "dark room settings". Just make sure you play it in a dark room or else your colors, brightness, and contrast won't be accurate.

:goodpost:

Yeah that would work too, the THX calibration included in that is sufficient enough. You'll still need a blue filter if your TV doesn't have a built-in one though.

Oy.... I think my color are accurate. I haven't even used a blue filter like you told me last year. I really should buy one to double-check everything over.

It's a Samsung UN40H5203AFXZA 40" Smart TV with a 60 Hz refresh rate.

Oy.... I think my color are accurate. I haven't even used a blue filter like you told me last year. I really should buy one to double-check everything over.

I think THX has the glasses for less than $4. I'd get one myself, but my LG already has built in RGB filters.

It's a Samsung UN40H5203AFXZA 40" Smart TV with a 60 Hz refresh rate.

Sounds like a great TV! YOur first order of business is to turn OFF every picture enhancement features. Yes, really. :lol

This seems like a pretty good guide for it. I googled the model and "calibration" earlier and came up with this:

Samsung H5203 LED TV Calibration Settings

I'll probably start out watching video with the component cables, as I won't have an HDMI cable until my PS4 arrives Thursday (hopefully a bit earlier, if I'm lucky).

I think THX has the glasses for less than $4. I'd get one myself, but my LG already has built in RGB filters.

Sounds like a great TV! YOur first order of business is to turn OFF every picture enhancement features. Yes, really. :lol

I'll definitely do that. I'll probably be watching a whole lot more Blu-Rays, though, because we have some ridiculously ****ty internet in our area and streaming in 1080p at 2.6 Mbps would take ****ing forever (I'm not kidding, either. We're still stuck in a DSL zone while U-Verse customers get service that's exponentially faster for the same price. It kind of sucks).:lol

This seems like a pretty good guide for it. I googled the model and "calibration" earlier and came up with this:

Samsung H5203 LED TV Calibration Settings

I'll probably start out watching video with the component cables, as I won't have an HDMI cable until my PS4 arrives Thursday (hopefully a bit earlier, if I'm lucky).

Looks good to me. Though I wouldn't copy his RBG settings because they differ from room to room. A person with an identical TV settings doesn't necessarily will be 100% accurate for your setup.

Wait a sec.. I notice it has an "RGB Only Mode"! That's exactly what you need! You don't have to buy the glasses now, just go cheap with the T2 blu ray and turn on the RGB mode! You're so in luck!

The frame rate test video looks fantastic. Really beautiful. Batman's first suit in the beginning looks so much better than that armored one you get later.

And this has been confirmed, pretty big spoilers below.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Only caught up with this recently. Disappointed but not really surprised considering how all signs pointed to it.

Haven't read that spoiler but even people's reactions to it are kind of a give away. That's me out of this thread till I finish this game!

Have fun playing!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back