Premium Format Batman Arkham Asylum Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to dig this the more I see it. And with Sideshow's prices rising maybe I'll snag one instead of other newer PFs.

Wish I felt the same way. Pose is still throwing me off. I'm holding out for a Prime 1 AA Bats. It would be much cheaper to pick up the PF but I just can't pull the trigger on it. That's OK though, my Prime Deathstroke needs a companion.

I already have it. Its a great piece! Im saying its gone to waitlist already. lol!

13450183_10210200467069661_6823473465064258431_n.jpg

Question for those that have it. Batman is my favorite DC character by far and I have been looking for a reasonably priced Batman piece to compliment my collection. I currently have no Batman pieces and was originally eyeing the Prime 1 Noel statue but its just a little too big and too much for me any my wife. I have NO issue with the pose and in fact I try to collect mostly videogame statues so the fact that its based on the Arkham suit is perfect.

Main question, I currently own the Sideshow Premium Format nathan drake from Uncharted. The statue is super cool and when I bought it it was with a coupon so I was able to get it pretty cheap which was my main motivation for purchasing it. Uncharted isnt necessarily one of my favorite gaming series even though I enjoy it and I have an opportunity to possibly do an even swap for my current Uncharted statue for this new Batman one. Do you guys feel that is a good swap or should I hang onto it and just get the money together to buy this one out right?

Question for those that have it. Batman is my favorite DC character by far and I have been looking for a reasonably priced Batman piece to compliment my collection. I currently have no Batman pieces and was originally eyeing the Prime 1 Noel statue but its just a little too big and too much for me any my wife. I have NO issue with the pose and in fact I try to collect mostly videogame statues so the fact that its based on the Arkham suit is perfect.

Main question, I currently own the Sideshow Premium Format nathan drake from Uncharted. The statue is super cool and when I bought it it was with a coupon so I was able to get it pretty cheap which was my main motivation for purchasing it. Uncharted isnt necessarily one of my favorite gaming series even though I enjoy it and I have an opportunity to possibly do an even swap for my current Uncharted statue for this new Batman one. Do you guys feel that is a good swap or should I hang onto it and just get the money together to buy this one out right?

It all comes down to personal taste. This batman statue is awesome, but only you can answer if you'll miss the uncharted statue. I personally would make the trade in a heartbeat.

This statue has definitely grown on me. The Youtube reviews and seeing this in person every weekend at my favorite Sideshow dealer has certainly done its magic as well.

Now looking for 1/6 figures from my collection to sell to fund this :)

I was bouncing between this, bale batman, and now the newly announced batfleck pf. In the end im sticking with the arkham asylum version. I was also swayed by YouTube reviews and seeing in hand pics. It just looks so freaking good and the other two options aren't really doing it for me.

Likewise. The regular suit Batffleck announcement didn't diminish my liking this now, but it got me thinking. The pose is so strikingly identical that I don't want to get both, even to display them far apart. Might not be a problem for some, but to me it's kind of an issue. I'd be fine with 2 identical museum poses but not identical dynamic poses.

Also I dont remember him posing anywhere near to that at any point in the film, I could be wrong though. That somewhat lowered pose seems like it would better fit a comic inspired PF. The Batfleck needs to be in more of a power pose since hes such a beast compared to other interpretations. I actually have the Arkham Asylum PF coming in today so ill get it setup and see how I feel but again judging from reviews I still hold my personal opinion as it being the best Batman PF.

Also I dont remember him posing anywhere near to that at any point in the film, I could be wrong though. That somewhat lowered pose seems like it would better fit a comic inspired PF. The Batfleck needs to be in more of a power pose since hes such a beast compared to other interpretations. I actually have the Arkham Asylum PF coming in today so ill get it setup and see how I feel but again judging from reviews I still hold my personal opinion as it being the best Batman PF.

Ah, my apologies but I realize now that my sleepy head resulted into a somewhat vague comment earlier. I meant that while I still like this figure, personally I have issues getting 2 statues of the same character from different source material having a strikingly similar pose, so much as I would like to get both I would end up getting the one I like best -- and at the moment Batffleck is winning, to my relief that it was revealed days before I almost purchased the AA Batman.

I'm not an expert on movie PFs as I just POd my first months ago (Pfeiffer Catwoman), but I think it's not a pre-requisite for a movie pf to be accurate to a certain pose from the film. While it could be sweeter, I think most collectors don't mind as long as the likeness is good, and the costume details are accurate to the prop.

Going back to AA, this one grew on me pose and all. While similar, IMO the pose worked much better on the Batfleck PF and I instantly liked it as opposed to AA growing on me thanks to reviews and seeing it in person. I think the wider, lower leg stance on it made it less awkward yet more dynamic.

Who am I kidding though. I might end up having both anyway. :lol

^^^^^ I'm a huge batman fan and I have both the AA EX and PO on the Batfleck PF. While the poses may look similar, there are tons of differences: suit, cowl, cape, length of ears, gauntlets, batarang shape and size etc. But then again I'm also a Panerai collector and my wife thinks they all look the same LOL!!

If you had to pick, would you take the Arkham Asylum PF or the DC Comics PF if you were only going to have one Batman!?

If you had to pick, would you take the Arkham Asylum PF or the DC Comics PF if you were only going to have one Batman!?

The Arkham costume is my 2nd fave Bat costume. However, nothing beats the classic for me. I'd definitely take the comic PF over the AA Bats PF any day of the week.

Back