1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

batman%2Band%2Bbatmobile%2BBanner%2BD.jpg

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Actually thinking about it for us UK collectors:

Tumbler: $470 converts to roughly £300 and the retail price over here is between £360-380

Batmobile: $630 converts to roughly £400 so retail then £460-£480? Still less than £500 which is WIN but closer to £400 would be extra WIN

Who am I kidding this could be £600 and I'd still order it :slap :lol

Re: will batman 89 be able to sit inside the batmobile??

I'm choosing to believe Hot Toys would be smart enough to know people are going to want to put Batman in their $600+ Batmobile and are going to be very very very very very angry if they can not.

I still haven't ordered yet. I spoke to CSC about shipping and they said the estimate would be between $60-70 shipped. So it would be about $627 with them. I chatted with a Sideshow representative and she gave me a shipping quote of about $31 . . .

I didn't see how is possible but she mentioned how the Tumbler wouldn't be very expensive to ship and how they're basing it on that, but it could change.

I'm leaning towards Sideshow but that sucks if we use any reward points or e-coupons that we currently have (and we can't use both points and the code) that you forfeit the $30 reward points that the Batmobile will earn you. They got you by the balls any way you look at it.

There's no way the current DX 09 Batman can sit in the Batmobile without damaging or customizing the legs/torso. I'm not even going to try it.

If parts become cheap on the secondary market I'll make a "Dummy Batman" that would consist of the regular head, body without lower portions of the suit, hands and gauntlets or something. No way am I going to contort a new Batman into it.

I'm guessing the inside of the car will be made to work with it.

There's no way the current DX 09 Batman can sit in the Batmobile without damaging or customizing the legs/torso. I'm not even going to try it.

Not sure that they'll be no way of doing it without damaging it but I agree why would you want to hide such an awesome figure?

That said I do have a second 89 Bats on order which I may well now keep just to put him in the Batmobile :yess:

I want to preorder it so bad, but still idk from where SS? please help.

This thing looks so damn sweet. My favorite Batmobile of all time. Wish I had the space to put this piece. The 10 FP looks so damn tempting :eek:

It looks amazing.

If my math is right (and it usually isn't tbf) I think you'd need 5 detolf's lined up to display this and the Tumbler side by side :horror

Sure the cocoon is just a large one piece thing that goes over it- maybe even heavy vacuum formed plastic like the Ertl version. Still a great bonus no one was expecting- makes a great cover to protect it from dust!!!!!!!!

I just came...

HT will release 89 Bats 2.0 with special jointed legs, etc...had to say it!!!

Back