1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have been working great again had to change the batteries make sure they are fully charged because it will not respond well If batteries are low

I've got tethercells... Love them, really, funny as hell lighting on/off the batmobile with my iphone.

App in Appstore is free BTW.

Here is my new custom glass case for it. I went to my local fish store and just made me a custom fish tank with the specs I wanted for $100! A lot cheaper then getting a normal glass case. Came with glass top too!

Oh and ignore the pink wall. I moved into another room in the house and just didn't feel like getting it repainted or spend it since I cover the walls with posters anyway

Last edited:
Yea I was very surprised at how much. I was expecting at least $200. Only down side is I wish I made it slightly taller to fit my dx09 batman in there just about 2 inches off. But oh well. I will get more pics when I get home shortly.

Here is my new custom glass case for it. I went to my local fish store and just made me a custom fish tank with the specs I wanted for $100! A lot cheaper then getting a normal glass case. Came with glass top too!

Oh and ignore the pink wall. I moved into another room in the house and just didn't feel like getting it repainted or spend it since I cover the walls with posters anyway

Woah so a custom fish tank is cheaper than a custom acrylic case? Where did you get it done?

They told me glass was a lot cheaper well I guess idk much about glass prices haha anyway it's called ck fish world in Covina,CA about 20 or so minutes from LA. Here are some more pics. My case is 48 inch long, 18 wide and 12 tall.

Nice! I actually live somewhat close to there. Did you set the case up at home or did you buy it like that?

So here is what happened. I was going to use a fish tank as it was cheaper but always found too big or too small. Then I went into this fish place by my house and was seeing if they might have a selection that fit but still too big and I told them what I needed one for and they said oh we do customs so whatever you want I'll do it. So gave the measurements and bought it and they told me it would take up to 2 weeks as its custom made. 9 days later they called and said it came in and I went and picked it up fully built and just brought into my house and put the bat mobile inside. Like I said earlier just wished I made it taller so I could have fit batman inside as it would look so much nicer with my dx09 but oh well.
So to answer your question it was built for me so when I picked it up 9 days later it was already assembled which was good as I don't think I would have the patience to build a tank hahaha

After almost two years spent in the box, i had the time and the opportunity to give a decent display that this great Batmobile deserved:

I tried to get the perfect combination between 89 and returns 's car. Some of us said that this HT Burton Batmobile is not 100% accurate. It is maybe true but if we consider that they used several cars and even in certains scenes they used a RC miniature what is the car reference? If you add lenses distortion and the fact that the car appeared in most of time in the dark where it is very difficult to see the entire shape, I think that, even it is not pefect, HT did a wonderfull job and gave us a very accurate 1/6 Batmobile with a real presence and a whou effect!
And if we look at this pics took on the set, when i look at my 1/6 batmobile, i feel the same emotion!

:wink1:

Think I'm going to order the Tethercell for my HT Batmobile. It would be cool to operate it with my phone or iPad and not have to mess with taking that stupid cover off every time.

Yeah it is very cool to use with your i-phone! Avoiding to to take off the cover every time.
Do you know how change the name of the battery in the app?

I sincerely wish I had more space to give this ting the display it deserves. But as time passes I just don't appreciate it as much sitting on top of my entertainment center as I thought I would. Kudos to guys that can display this beast how it's meant to be displayed, I personally just can't justify having a $600 vehicle sitting where it's hard to appreciate it.

Hard to do, but in selling this thing.

That looks slick! And the fish tank glass will most probably be stronger/thicker/safer, too.

I see that you put pads under the wheels. Is that to protect the glass and/or keep the car from rolling?

I sincerely wish I had more space to give this ting the display it deserves. But as time passes I just don't appreciate it as much sitting on top of my entertainment center as I thought I would. Kudos to guys that can display this beast how it's meant to be displayed, I personally just can't justify having a $600 vehicle sitting where it's hard to appreciate it.

I would be interested if the price is right.

Wow! That is a shame. I actually have mine displayed on top of a dresser behind my pc chair. I tend to forget it's there and then I turn around and would always be amazed by it. Unless, you're hard up of cash, why not just box it up and open it again later?

Back