1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well u cant have best of both worlds dude. Also what if they say its perfect and u still get a scracthed up piece ... As in damaged in transit? What do u do then? So take ur chances. I took my chances by not ordering one at all :)

I think BBTS is trying to help save us on the hassle that others are going through. This is 700.00 so for that kind of money we want it perfect. Both my Tumblers arrived in perfect condition so I'm happy for that. The Batmobile having the "Cocoon" shield only separated by foam seems to be the problem when it moves around and starts to scratch the fenders.
Im just concerned that a factory worker at BBTS may not really care about my toy when they place it back into the box. In one way Im happy they are inspecting when they remove it, but then what about when they put it back in the box. How do they know where to place the foam blocks and will they move during shipping. I think this is a 50/50 kind of thing that you still may get a perfect model but when they repack the blocks could slip and cause damage during shipping like you said. I have no intention of canceling so just wanted to get other feedback if anyone else will use this service.

You did a great job; looks really nice! I'm wondering now why Hot Toys painted them silver...

Yours could really be mistaken for the real 1:1 car.

I wonder that myself.
I hate how HT just couldn't get wheels color right.

They did the same mistake with the Tumbler too.

Someone should build and sell custom black "steel" rims so we can have the option of displaying it that way without having to paint over/modify the stock rims :p

I wonder that myself.
I hate how HT just couldn't get wheels color right.

They did the same mistake with the Tumbler too.
I've seen knock-offs of the car with silver rims but to my recollection they were always black glossy steel in both films, like yours. Right?

I think BBTS is trying to help save us on the hassle that others are going through. This is 700.00 so for that kind of money we want it perfect. Both my Tumblers arrived in perfect condition so I'm happy for that. The Batmobile having the "Cocoon" shield only separated by foam seems to be the problem when it moves around and starts to scratch the fenders.
Im just concerned that a factory worker at BBTS may not really care about my toy when they place it back into the box. In one way Im happy they are inspecting when they remove it, but then what about when they put it back in the box. How do they know where to place the foam blocks and will they move during shipping. I think this is a 50/50 kind of thing that you still may get a perfect model but when they repack the blocks could slip and cause damage during shipping like you said. I have no intention of canceling so just wanted to get other feedback if anyone else will use this service.

Dont worry so much also man. If you must buy it then bbts seems like a fare deal. At least they are opening and checking. Post that life has no gurantees. I personally will get a heart attack if my 700 figure comes scracthed up so i just avoid tings above 350 and above 450 when die cast (robo). Rest is a easy pass for me. For you, this is the best deal u gonna get.

Someone should build and sell custom black "steel" rims so we can have the option of displaying it that way without having to paint over/modify the stock rims :p

I've seen knock-offs of the car with silver rims but to my recollection they were always black glossy steel in both films, like yours. Right?

You want these in black. :rotfl

83d2582119e2e10becf867f09a4c026e9880d39.gif

Just got mine and unfortunately I've got a couple scuffs and a scratch. The shield is pretty beat up on one corner too but it's just the film and I don't care about that. The scratch and scuffs are all concentrated to the passengers side of the canopy and look much worse from the flash than they are but nonetheless they are there. But nothing's so bad I'd return it. I also have no glue problems and the windows are perfect. I didn't get a chance to fully take it out and test the electronics so I'll hold off on my vote in the poll until then. Obviously I have to vote damaged but I'd rather get a full rundown once I've had more time with it. Otherwise the thing is gorgeous and it was a workout getting the box up my steps!

U guys shld start returning these. Once SS realises that people are able to give up figures and they pay heavy shipment they will get on the right side. Imagine if every batmobile is returned, i can gurantee they wont make such a mistake ever.

Jedster, what kind of paint did you use on the wheels and did you spray or brush it on? I've seriously considered doing this to mine, but I'm worried I'll **** it up. Then again, I did touch up the wheels on my Tumbler to make it more accurate and that turned out fine. :)

Yeah they are supposed to be black. Looks nicer black too.

Originally Posted by lotus000

Dont worry so much also man. If you must buy it then bbts seems like a fare deal. At least they are opening and checking. Post that life has no gurantees. I personally will get a heart attack if my 700 figure comes scracthed up so i just avoid tings above 350 and above 450 when die cast (robo). Rest is a easy pass for me. For you, this is the best deal u gonna get.

Ok so I sent BBTS an email asking them if they have Trained QC techs that will know the process of packing the Batmobile up properly once they finish inspecting for defects. I personally think that packing the Cocoon Shield Properly on top of the foam blocks is so much harder than the actual inspection.

Ok so I sent BBTS an email asking them if they have Trained QC techs that will know the process of packing the Batmobile up properly once they finish inspecting for defects. I personally think that packing the Cocoon Shield Properly on top of the foam blocks is so much harder than the actual inspection.

Did you ask BBTS if they will put additional foam pads (or any cushion) beneath the shield to make sure the car won't get scratched up during transit? Thanks.

Jedster, what kind of paint did you use on the wheels and did you spray or brush it on? I've seriously considered doing this to mine, but I'm worried I'll **** it up. Then again, I did touch up the wheels on my Tumbler to make it more accurate and that turned out fine. :)

I brushed it.

If you could do it on the Tumbler then this is easy for you.

Sallah

your name in portugese means Living Room. :lol

that's where your car should go. :lol

Ha! I never knew that. :) I started using that as my internet monikor back in the late 90's, since I loved the character in Raiders....

Putting my car in the living room would mean I would always be close to it... since I'd be sleeping on the couch. :) My wife is pretty understanding on all this- but not THAT understanding. :lol

(BTW- I posted a few collection pics in the other thread if you still wanted a better look at the room)

Sallah

I like BBTS's proactive response to this issue and gave them the green light to open and inspect my batmobile. If the manner in which they package and ship collectibles is an indication of how much they care about QC issues, i'm not too worried. Perhaps we shoud request that they slap an extra sheet of foam between the car and the cacoon.

Did you ask BBTS if they will put additional foam pads (or any cushion) beneath the shield to make sure the car won't get scratched up during transit? Thanks.

I'm waiting for BBTS to respond to my email. I was very specific in the details of how the Cocoon Shield has foam pads under them, and some are reporting the foam pads came un glued from the shield or some are reporting the pads are missing so the Shield just scratches the Batmobile body itself. I will report back as soon as I hear from them.

Back