Batman 12'' custom..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost bought it myself. Love that Alex Ross look. Not crazy about buying from Mexico as you can't insure anything, but the seller is reputable. I've emailed him a few times.

Really nice sculpt. My only problem is with the nose. It looks like he smells something bad.

Batty said:
Really nice sculpt. My only problem is with the nose. It looks like he smells something bad.
I believe thats the "scowl" look from Batman:Dead End. A great figure. I have spoken with Alex sevral times and have some of his heads. Great stuff!!

For me, it's not the custom work, it's the choice of body that is bad. Looks like Hasbro, which is only ever a mistake. Stubby arms, no articulation. He just looks funky. Like a fanboy wearing a cool mask.

Personally I think the body looks perfect. Wearing tights, you need a sculpted body or it will look like crap, and to me it's worth a bit less articulation to have the right look. That looks like an Alex Ros Batman. Bulky, without being ridiculously muscle bound.

When i need a muscular body, I go for the Super Soldier from 21st Century Toys. Good muscles, excellent articulation. Legs are a bit long, but I'd take that over stubby arms.

When I think of any figure with excellent articulation, 21st never comes to mind.
I can't say for certain on this particular figure, but to the best of my knowledge he does not use Hasbro bodies.

Yea, the standard 21c body was just a Hasbro Classic Collection copy. The muscles made it look scrawney.

He may have changed recently but he did use Hasbro bodies. The "Super Articulated" Joes have very little to apologise for as far as practical articulation. And they have a very nice athletic tone and look nice in spandex. But they are going to be a head shorter than alot of your other figures. And the method this customiser uses eliminates neck, wrist and ankle articulation on this type of figure.
I don't know if you guys ever have checked out the work of another customiser who sometimes graces eBay, Mojoebaby. His stuff is generally the bomb. He used to use 12" wrestling figures for his base bodies. Not sure what he's currently using but it looks alot like the Dragon Football player" body. Anyhoo, he has a Batman https://cgi.ebay.com/Batman-custom-...oryZ2593QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and a Cap https://cgi.ebay.com/Captain-Americ...oryZ2593QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem up right now. And I'd kinda like Cap myself but I've ordered my quota of 1/6th for.........until I find something I really want anyway..

Mojoebaby has also done a bunch of very unusual subjects like Doctor Midnite, Hourman, Black Adam and others. His tastes are pretty similar to my own. Take a look at his stuff.

I spoke not of the standard 21st Century body, but of the Super Soldier body, which had double joints, ball joint at the hips and chest, and a better filled out chest and stomach. If I still had one, I'd take a pic for ya.

I think that first custom looks pretty good. I wouldn't put a Dead End style head in the blue costume personally but it came out well.
The others look good too but the best Custom Batman I've seen is this one:
https://www.prophouse2000.com/rossbatman.html

The Hasbro body does work for a superhero, but I too hate their stubby arms. I think Hasbro would've had a lot more people buying their figures for the base body if they just lengthened the arms a bit. I remember them previewing their new super articulated body but never actually saw one on the store shelf. The only thing I disliked about that one from the pics I've seen was the wrist articulation.

Customikey said:
I spoke not of the standard 21st Century body, but of the Super Soldier body, which had double joints, ball joint at the hips and chest, and a better filled out chest and stomach. If I still had one, I'd take a pic for ya.

I know which you mean. I was all over 21st stuff when it first came on the scene, and I have to admit, I dropped it when all the better stuff started arriving [ie: Dragon, BBi, Sideshow] To me neither 21st body really made the grade.
And someone mentioned the facial expression on Alex Rojas Batman? That mojobaby one has an even weirder look. No offense, because I can't sculpt, but at least Rojas looked like the character he was meant to be. Then again, I did a Dead End version of an Adam West Batman. :wacky

Yea, even 21c super boy sucked. And the head sculpts they put on them were almost as bad as the non articulated dollar store hollow dolls.

Neck looks a little stretched. That's about all I can say from that pic. Love Batman in his greys.

Back