Barbie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this wild idea! People could go to movies that they find interesting, regardless of category. Women could go to action movies, men could go see witty social commetaries and no one got carded for category on the way in. GENIUS!

Women could go to action movies, men could go see witty social commetaries
human-sacrifice-dogs.gif

Finally saw this thing. Thought it was fairly cute, with some funny moments here and there and some clever twists. And the jokes about "man's world" and the patriarchy were pretty inspired I have to admit (and so obviously exaggerated that you'd have to have a very thin skin to be offended by it).

This was definitely made more for girls who grew up playing with Barbies though, so was only ever going to work to a certain extent for me. And plus I don't usually go much for these kind of wacky, over the top comedies anyway.

Last edited:
Finally a tribute to movie

Attachments

• 2F9F9E88-35BF-48B7-9BD9-E63ABD3BA224.jpeg
    2F9F9E88-35BF-48B7-9BD9-E63ABD3BA224.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 5933DE29-7785-465D-A08C-D341B593C945.jpeg
    5933DE29-7785-465D-A08C-D341B593C945.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
I loved the movie- saw it twice in fact as the sets and easter eggs were so packed in- it was good campy fun and the songs were surprisingly fantastic-

I did eventually take my 6 year old and wife, several months after debut, and the movie was STILL packed and there were still a ton of people wearing pink- which was cute. I definitely knew with a PG13 rating this wasn't a kid's movie- but the sexual inuendo was WAY over my kid's head. He did get bored at times (too much talking) - but he loved the sets and cars as much as I did.

I have to laugh at the offended conservative fwads that screamed the movie was terrible and would fall off quickly. Sorry guys, nope. $162 million domestically, as of Nov 4th, not bad for a failed movie, haha (by way of comparison, Oppenheimer $82.5)

I kinda love that Mattel let Gretta Gerwig get away with poking fun of them so much. It is true that in reality, they have women board members, but equally true that the CEO position has only been held by something like 2 or 3 women since formed (neither who lasted long). My own field is pretty similar- it isn't too hard to reach partner if you are a lawyer, but I think like 11% of managing shareholders of lawfirms across the board are women. There is, believe it or not, a reason for that, and it's not that the women don't want the position.

Back