Barbie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinker is a terrible reviewer whose bias and inability to understand nuance heroes actually shows like his issues with Peter B Parker.
I remember he had this whole problem with Peter B Parker in Spiderverse and took the issues that the character dealt with as “mocking” Spiderman and acting like it was the worst thing to do with a character who is literally known to struggle with relatable qualities. This recent video pretty much trounces drinkers inability to understand that

It’s that, it’s the “everything I don’t like is woke”, or even videos where he says “Hollywood Hates Men” yet majority of movies, even made today, are still male led. So I don’t even bother with him. Dude had like 3 videos bashing the latest Indiana Jones movie before it even released, am I really gonna spend time watching a dude who rants for hours about how much he’s gonna hate a movie? Lmao, what a joke. No surprise he was going to act like Barbie was one of the biggest sins committed in cinema. His audience eats that up and will follow anything he says. That dude blows

Last edited:
I remember he had this whole problem with Peter B Parker in Spiderverse and took the issues that the character dealt with as “mocking” Spiderman and acting like it was the worst thing to do with a character who is literally known to struggle with relatable qualities.
Seems to me like Peter B. Parker wins at life in the second movie. Despite being a burnout in the first film, there's still a lighthearted quality to him due to ultimately being a cartoon. Taking his superbaby out on adventures in the sequel feels in line with that cartoonishness and the only reason he does it is because he loves being a father. He has a family he adores, something he was once terrified of. Here is someone who's grown and has become totally comfortable and fulfilled in their own skin, but because his fulfillment comes from somewhere other than where Drinker expects, he sees it as a threat to masculinity in film.

Drinker needs the Ken song the most. He's unable to fathom the idea of a man being happy unless he fits into a very specific box. To those that think the last act of Barbie attacks men, I ask: do you think masculinity is actually defined by playing guitars, being a film snob, enjoying trucks, and having those interests constantly validated by women? Because that's as deep as the Ken character gets before he has that *brace yourself* emotional conversation with Barbie where he shares his true thoughts and insecurities.

Last edited:
Drinker needs the Ken song the most. He's unable to fathom the idea of a man being happy unless he fits into a very specific box. To those that think the last act of Barbie attacks men, I ask: do you think masculinity is actually defined by playing guitars, being a film snob, enjoying trucks, and having those interests constantly validated by women? Because that's as deep as the Ken character gets before he has that *brace yourself* emotional conversation with Barbie where he shares his true thoughts and insecurities.
For &^^$ sake thought it was some 80s retro send-up with the bombastic ballad, clothes, horses, etc. Like I said, the guys in theater were laughing. No different than women laughing about closets full of shoes or whatever.

The people having the worst time were the little kids, male and female, there was even one that had to be carried out when he started howling (kudos to that parent). Can't blame him there weren't cartoons or like that.

The next Toy Movie is ready for the Big Screen...

Jaws 2  gif.gif

Jaws the Game gif.gif

JAWS... The Game.... the movie

:lol

Disneyland can even update their African Cruise ride with those bubbling hippos.

Now a Hungry Hippo could mount the boat and take a staged "guest" ... all to the delightful horror of their underage patrons.

I love it!
Rubik’s Cube / SAW crossover.

People have to solve the cubes before getting body parts removed. Winner is the one who just peels off the stickers and repositions them.

It’s that, it’s the “everything I don’t like is woke”, or even videos where he says “Hollywood Hates Men” yet majority of movies, even made today, are still male led. So I don’t even bother with him. Dude had like 3 videos bashing the latest Indiana Jones movie before it even released, am I really gonna spend time watching a dude who rants for hours about how much he’s gonna hate a movie? Lmao, what a joke. No surprise he was going to act like Barbie was one of the biggest sins committed in cinema. His audience eats that up and will follow anything he says. That dude blows
The dude is literally one of the most successful youtubers on the platform and you both complain about the content of his reviews while admitting you've never seen them, and making comments about content that isn't even in the reviews.

Seems to me like Peter B. Parker wins at life in the second movie. Despite being a burnout in the first film, there's still a lighthearted quality to him due to ultimately being a cartoon. Taking his superbaby out on adventures in the sequel feels in line with that cartoonishness and the only reason he does it is because he loves being a father. He has a family he adores, something he was once terrified of. Here is someone who's grown and has become totally comfortable and fulfilled in their own skin, but because his fulfillment comes from somewhere other than where Drinker expects, he sees it as a threat to masculinity in film.

Clearly you've never seen the actual review.

His problem with Peter B Parker is that the film never lets him evolve beyond being a cartoon. Whereas Gwen and Miles are fairly grounded and well rounded characters, Peter remains mostly a comic relief and relegated to background character, almost as if the film is afraid to let him be prominent out of fear that he may steal the spotlight. This comic relief nature is most reflected in his insistence of bringing his toddler daughter into battle with him; a clearly insane choice unless taken in the context of comic relief. Why exactly isn't Peter allowed to be well rounded and grounded like Gwen and Miles are. Both of them have loving families too, but they can naturally express that without their entire character being framed as a cartoonish comic relief.

Last edited:
Conan at least offered a strong female character..

And yes I got your point..

But does GI Joe movies spend their time bashing on woman? In all honesty did Conan??

Why take two steps back when making a female focused film.

I mean I can’t think of any films (maybe I just don’t watch them) where all woman were considered useless and annoying.

It seemed this movie had an idea of having a moral to the story message but it got lost in modern woke ideology. I mean the story from what I heard, breaks down like this

Barbie’s rule barbie world and Kens are dumb, annoying and useless. This is all good because it’s woman run world

Barbie has to go to real world to fix problem

Barbie is treated like like a dumb, annoying, useless person, while Ken is treated better. This is all bad because it’s a male run world. Some of the ways Barbie is treated might have worked if she returned to the real world in the 50’s but it’s supposed to be modern day right?? You know, where more woman graduate high school, go to college and get hired for more jobs out of college than their male counterparts.

Ken returns to Barbie land and tells fellow kens how bad they have it here and they could have more.

Barbie returns and sees that Barbie land is run by kens.

Here is where most stories would have a moral message about everyone should be treated equal and with respect but this film from what I understand goes back to barbie world and Kens are put back in their place…

1. I can’t believe I actually typed some of that **** I just did :lol

2. This movie could have had a social commentary but it does not seem to

3. I can’t imagine a movie doing the same story but with roles reversed.

4. I could be wrong about all of this as I did not see the film. If that is the case we can all go about our business.

I can't believe you typed it all out without even seeing the movie.

43%...7th largest 2nd weekend ever

My 15 year old saw it this weekend and didn't try to kill me in my sleep so that's good.

I saw Barbie on Saturday. I liked it. Funny at times and very colorful. A bit heavy on the message, but the acting makes up for it. Both Barbie and Ken are likable, so that helps. Ken is easily the best character, which is ironic.

However, the ending is kind of terrible. Essentially, Barbie Land ends up mirroring the real world, but in reverse, so the Barbies STILL run everything and rule Barbie Land, but they will now treat the Ken with more respect and give them some jobs in lower positions (like in the real world for women). It's a very petty ending. Why be like the real world that's so unfair (according to the film), when they can learn from it instead and be better, equal for both Barbies and Kens, working together as equals.

It's almost as if the film was written by a teenage girl. :lol

Last edited:
However, the ending is kind of terrible. Essentially, Barbie Land ends up mirroring the real world, but in reverse, so the Barbies STILL run everything and rule Barbie Land, but they will now treat the Ken with more respect and give them some jobs in lower positions (like in the real world for women). It's a very petty ending. Why be like the real world that's so unfair (according to the film), when they can be better and equal for both Barbies and Kens, working together as equals instead.

Sounds like vengeance,

They demand equality, but when the roles are reversed... they do they same 'unequal' things. What kind of message is that?

Barbie Land is kind of like Wakanda -- shouldn't it be a fantasy land of idealism that can never happen in the real world?

Can't believe Barbie is going strong -- double her boyfriend Oppenheimer's take this week.

Anyone know how much of a drop-off she had?
Honestly it doesn't surprise me that it is doing better. Despite what the movie ended up being, alot of people went into this thinking it was a kids movie. And kids movies always end up doing better since it means two tickets get sold. One for the kid, and one for the adult that takes them.

Man, I could tell from the previews that this wasn't going to be a kids movie. Actually, the only person that cannot see it in my house is the only one that actually plays with Barbies lol

What's the rating? In the UK its 12A, so it's suitable for kids 12 and over. Pretty obvious its for teenagers.

Back