Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn it. I was looking at my Bank Robber Joker today and noticed that one of the smoke grenade pins is missing. I have no idea how it went missing, considering it hasn't fallen and was there when I orginally opened it.

Going to have to find a replacement or else it will bother me to no end.

Damn it. I was looking at my Bank Robber Joker today and noticed that one of the smoke grenade pins is missing. I have no idea how it went missing, considering it hasn't fallen and was there when I orginally opened it.

Going to have to find a replacement or else it will bother me to no end.

:confused: Why?

Oh no, don't get me wrong, not a replacement of the entire figure. Just need another smoke grenade with it's pin. I'm really anul and OCD when it comes to this stuff, especially when it's something as expensive as this.

A few years ago I found a 90 dollar HT Battle Damaged "Zombie" Terminator, something I was looking for for a long time. I bartered and got it for 75. When I got home I cracked it open and noticed that it was not MIB and had been displayed. That was fine by me until I noticed it was missing three things, the instructions, the sunglasses (these were swapped out with the Sideshow T2 figure), and one of the ammo clips to the minigun. It's bothered me ever since, and the fact that I can't find a replacement for those three small items irritates me even more.

Same deal with this. I should just let it go, but I can't. It's not complete to me. If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. If not I'm searching on ebay.

That' not a dumb question at all. When this figure first started to ship everyone had this issue. I think all of them have been glued down to the connector. You can do of the following things.

1.) Just boil and pop the head off the connector and body.

2.) Take your chances and just gently pop it off it feels like it will come off easily.

3.) If it's really tight most people have just popped the connector off along with the head (which would still be attached) and just swapped clothes and the body. There's a huge discussion on this somewhere, it was a big issue. I'll see what I can dig up on here.

Good luck.

EDIT:

Here's a few examples of problem and solutions.

Since it's your first, you're likely to pop off the connector piece as well as the head, so you'll want to use really hot water on the head to soften it to pop the connector out and put it into the other head. If you plan to swap a lot, I'd suggest going to ebay to buy a second connector and just leave one in each head at all times.

Yeah, hot water does the trick every time. As the connector stuck to the head once I pulled it off the body, and I think this has happened with everyones?...

Who was it that broke the internal ring/lug?

Once it was in hot water for 5 - 10 seconds that little sucker popped off so easily. No damage. Just keep the neck in the water and nothing else.

hey can sombody help me does the v1 joker head connector come off so that you can attach it to the v1 joker body
The neck pieces are the same on the BR and the V1, so it might be easier just to pop the neck piece off of the V1 body and use it on the BR body for the s^^^^ed back head and just pop the BR head with the neck piece into the V1 body. I hope that made sense.

Like many others I had a bit of trouble swapping the head to the V1. When I first pulled it off of the BR body the neck adapter came off with it, so then I tried pulling the neck adapter off of the V1 but to no avail. I put the neck adapter back on the BR body and pulled and twisted and the head came off fine. Luckily the little ring didn't pop off for me.

Oh yeah. I forgot. The little ring detached from my V2 head when I was trying to remove the neck adapter. Luckily I was able to slide of the ring and superglue it back to the head. I was just able to swap heads then.

Yup. They're just on the standard Hot Toys ankle peg, so they can be popped off.

A lot of people have had trouble swapping out the BR head. I suggest pulling and twisting at an angle and if it won't pull off for you heat it up with a hair dryer for a few seconds.

Yeah, hot water does the trick every time. As the connector stuck to the head once I pulled it off the body, and I think this has happened with everyones?...

Who was it that broke the internal ring/lug?

Once it was in hot water for 5 - 10 seconds that little sucker popped off so easily. No damage. Just keep the neck in the water and nothing else.

I was wondering. Wouldnt using hot water on the head cause the paint to maybe come off?? It is paint...

You don't put the head in the water. Only the neck, and it's not for very long. 5 - 10 seconds to make it flexible to get the adapter out.

hey can sombody help me does the v1 joker head connector come off so that you can attach it to the v1 joker body

Good gravy marine! Swapping the heads on this sucker is no mean feat! The adaptor kept on coming off with the head however utilising my trusty hairdryer and a broken fingernail later I had 'im off. Getting the alternative head on was problematic as well. Conversley the V1 Joker's head popped off with little to no effort and the V2 head looks amazing on the old body. Shame that Hot Toys didn't use a popper on the V1 shirt though as it's fiddly to swap heads to say the least. Still the whole range of DK figures are simply beautiful and works of art in their own right. :banana

Uh oh, guess that means Leo's shipment of BR Jokers have those difficult heads. Guess I'll just have my hair dryer and a screwdriver on standby then.

The V1 head you should have no problems with, just pull and twist at an angle. Some people are saying that the BR heads are glued at the neck joint, in which case it would be easier just to swap them with the neck joints instead of heads. If HT glued the heads at the neck joint then they should have included an extra neck joint.

No, the neck adapter is meant to be able to come off. There are two different types of neck adapters for different heads. Since the Joker has a sculpted neck he uses a different one than Batman whose neck is not sculpted into the head.

For the record swapping head isn't all that easy, long story short I needed super glue to make it all work. Popping the V1 head off was easy, popping the BR Joker was completely different. The piece that plugs into the sculpt came apart, but not the part that is suppose to come out but the part that is part of the sculpt. Its like a skin coloured ring shape.

Regardless it did work but I was a little pissed at how tough it was lodged in there.

The neck adaptor came off with both my V1 and BR Joker's, to get it off my V1 head I just pushed it with my thumb in one direction then used the file from a pair of fingernail clippers to pop it out. Very easy although I admit I was a little nervous.

Like this:

img0721yq8pe9.jpg

Photo Credit: Desperado

Same thing happened to a guy on the ToyWorld forums. You're not alone. :D

Last edited:
you know the clown mask that the br joker comes with, are the second wave's meant to have the strap on the mask or not? because mine doesn't (He came like that)...I'm just a little bit worried that mine mite be broke!:(!:(!:(!

you know the clown mask that the br joker comes with, are the second wave's meant to have the strap on the mask or not? because mine doesn't (He came like that)...I'm just a little bit worried that mine mite be broke!:(!:(!:(!

Consider your self lucky. Atleast now you can take t on and off without worrying about damaging the mask, the paint on the hair or the head. You're not missing out on much. I made sure I bought another mask so I could have one for him to hold (as is, no alterations, elastic and all), and another that I bought off of ebay for him to become Bozo. I just cut the elastic off so I wouldn't risk ruining the paint on his hair or his head. Now I just put it on as easily as I take it off. Fits like a glove without that tacky elastic.

thanks for making me feel better:lol i was going to replace it but now..i will just leave it!:rock

if u place the ears of the clown mask around the ears on the head they slot togther nicely and it holds in place. u cud jst get a bit of elastic from the store and put two blobs of glue on there. but its no biggie not having the elastic

yeah the black is a bit too black still, I'm making it a little bit lighter as I type this.
thanks for the feedback.:duff

Back