Bandai's new 12 inch line - 12PM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please make Galaxy Express 999 figures. :pray:

At this rate Bandai will do a Captain Harlock before Hot Toys actually does.

And no this is not the death of Medicom. While Bandai has a lot of licenses, so too does Medicom and Bandai tends to have the issue of going the Hot Toys route and whoring out one or two licenses in preference over others. Excellent example is Kamen Rider and Power Rangers everywhere. Also, Medicom and Bandai have had a partnership for awhile now. I imagine the Project BM lineup will continue on, likely even better than before. I also wouldn't be surprised if they go on and off working together on certain projects, such as having Medicom handle the face sculpt of a figure while Bandai tailors or something.

There's room for many 1/6 companies it's just that no one is willing to actually be smart and release high end figures of stuff Hot Toys doesn't do. I'm looking forward to seeing high end releases of figures that aren't from generic forgettable American action summer films.

Also Medicom prices are a lot more reasonable than Bandai. Enjoy spending $300 for a basic 1/6 figure with no noteworthy accessories.

I posted the Star Wars figs in the star wars section but they have announced other figs too, so check it out.

12 inch Godzilla?
405567_460731493947532_520769290_n.jpg

I like that new G figure! I may get him depending upon the final price.

At this rate Bandai will do a Captain Harlock before Hot Toys actually does.

And no this is not the death of Medicom. While Bandai has a lot of licenses, so too does Medicom and Bandai tends to have the issue of going the Hot Toys route and whoring out one or two licenses in preference over others. Excellent example is Kamen Rider and Power Rangers everywhere. Also, Medicom and Bandai have had a partnership for awhile now. I imagine the Project BM lineup will continue on, likely even better than before. I also wouldn't be surprised if they go on and off working together on certain projects, such as having Medicom handle the face sculpt of a figure while Bandai tailors or something.

There's room for many 1/6 companies it's just that no one is willing to actually be smart and release high end figures of stuff Hot Toys doesn't do. I'm looking forward to seeing high end releases of figures that aren't from generic forgettable American action summer films.

Also Medicom prices are a lot more reasonable than Bandai. Enjoy spending $300 for a basic 1/6 figure with no noteworthy accessories.
I don't care if it costs $300, someone needs to make a goddamn Dragonball Z Vegeta figure!!! It's a crime he was left out of the Medicom series. A crime! :monkey2

I don't care if it costs $300, someone needs to make a goddamn Dragonball Z Vegeta figure!!! It's a crime he was left out of the Medicom series. A crime! :monkey2

We never got a 1/6 Toki or Raoh from Fist of the Northstar either. Weird things.

the Star Wars stuff looks promising, I would definitely pick up the 12" Godzilla if it ends up being a series and we get more of the monsters.

*Japan in general tends to avoid "old" stuff in favor of the newest/trendiest,

Just about the most incorrect statement I've ever read. Japan has an insanely healthy respect for the history of its entertainment. The fact that we still see dragonball, Mazinger, and saint seiya toys is proof of that. The list of examples bogles the mind!

I also expect a high price on these figures. And why not? Both Medicom & Hot Toys have proven to them there's bound to be someone fool enough to buy them. Medicoms bodies remain one of the riskiest purchases on the toy market, and their prices continue to go up! God willing Bandai takes the customer into consideration as line looks pretty sweet.

Just about the most incorrect statement I've ever read. Japan has an insanely healthy respect for the history of its entertainment. The fact that we still see dragonball, Mazinger, and saint seiya toys is proof of that. The list of examples bogles the mind!

I also expect a high price on these figures. And why not? Both Medicom & Hot Toys have proven to them there's bound to be someone fool enough to buy them. Medicoms bodies remain one of the riskiest purchases on the toy market, and their prices continue to go up! God willing Bandai takes the customer into consideration as line looks pretty sweet.

It's actually more accurate than you might think. Japan has a bit of a nostalgia system like how the US might feel for GI Joe and such so often times you'll get classics constantly getting new versions. What you do not hear about is all the attempts at throwbacks that fail miserably. What you should notice is how the Japanese figure market is by and large the trendy current anime, of which tend to be very similar. Yes they still make Go Nagai figures, but that is often times targetting the older fans or more hardcore anime fans.

I hear what you're saying and of course the market is going to be dominated by newer program related toys because they're NEW lol. The fact that every now and then (far more often & far more respectful than in the US) shows, manga, dvd's, dvd memorial sets, toys and even full-blown concerts (any one remember the super sentai spirits concerts of the late '90s) are put out to remember these series and genres. Even if its for an older audience its still being done.

What happened to this line, any news on Akibared or the not armored Barnaby?

Back