Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 《Star Wars》Millennium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at home I use a small Jun Air that I bought in 1996. This looks like the closest model to it currently available [ https://www.jun-air.com/product_detail.aspx?ProductID=628&ProductTypeID=50 ]. The Jun airs are relatively expensive because they are made to run quiet. But there are other options out there now that are likely a better value.

I will say while you won't be tempted to spend more money for a quieter machine initially- especially if you are just getting your feet wet- Quieter is one of those luxuries that you quickly realize is worth the money. Painting can take concentration and one of the last things I want is to be bombarded with loud noise when I'm trying to do detail work.

Recently, friends of ours who do airbrush T-shirts have highly recommended California Air Compressors.
This one looks like it would work well for a modeler/hobbyist and seems very economical to me [ https://www.tylertool.com/californi...MIn6LClLqy1gIVyCaGCh3eMQVQEAQYBSABEgKmm_D_BwE ] I have no experience with the vendor so I can't vouch for them. I do know that our friends push their compressors hard- over 10 hrs of near continuous operation per day- so I tend to trust their recs.

Something like that comes with a regulator to control the psi (lower psi will be easier to control, but can result in splotchier paint application if not careful). when you get up high like over 75-80 the paint is going to shoot out fast, you can get smoother gradients easier, but you may also experience hand fatigue a lot quicker (at least I do). It's something you will need to experiment with to find your personal comfort zone. Again, this is something you can find out just doing simple exercises on scrap paper with cheaper, thinner paint.

Thanks again Mose Harper for sharing the information. I agree it makes sense to invest in a quieter compressor.

You're welcome- that's just my experience.

And I didn't mean to step over Kamandi's recommendations earlier. I had bad luck with my Revolutions, but I often work next to at least one other person who swears by his. I think all his spares are Revolutions too. If you see a good price on one, it's certainly worth a shot- especially for someone starting out.

not sure if this has been posted yet.. but great video to see what you getting into here :lol

its fantastic looking and every detail junkie will def. get his/her fix on this kit!!

he also is doing a built video.. very nice !! here is part 1

Last edited:
Wow! I didn't know Lobot could build a Millennium Falcon!

lobot1.jpg

5 foot reference circa 1975-76 during filming. Builders will want to keep this. Color images are tricky to come by for the underside before the additional landing boxes were added for Empire. Several colored panels and some important battle damage have been covered up by the later changes.

cNc1Tf3.jpg

@Kamandi, awesome pic and thanks for sharing! Do you have a pic of the top view, exactly like this?

Back