Balrog Vs. Gandalf Diorama!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every1 gets the picture already, you don't like it.

Take off and go crash another thread.

Better yet, stay in this thread and see what more you can say that might possibly offend those that bought it.

Man you are still as positive today as you were when you started here.

:D

One more bites the dust..............:banana

Relax man, take a deep breath ok, feel better........

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST, get a clue, its not personal attack on you.....:rolleyes: So if you like enjoy and if one doesnt dont enjoy, wow, does somebody need a vacation???

lotr_ttt_0055.jpg

lotr_ttt_0062.jpg

Right where gandalf is stabbing the balrog in the chest would have made for a better sculpt, IMO. Woodsy can you capture 3:07? Also, learn to shrink the pics a bit :p

Right where gandalf is stabbing the balrog in the chest would have made for a better sculpt, IMO. Woodsy can you capture 3:07? Also, learn to shrink the pics a bit :p

lotr_ttt_0053.jpg

lotr_ttt_0054.jpg

lotr_ttt_0055.jpg

lotr_ttt_0056.jpg

Is this the sequence? As much as I like this dio. I too would have preferred to have Gandalf plunging his sword into the Balrog. I'm afraid my computer skills are lacking, not sure how to shrink the pic's. :eek:

Impressive piece with the size. I like the Balrog, but Gandalf is too small for my tastes. Just not the style of collectible I'm interested in, but overall it does look nice. I'd prefer PF for that price.

^^ Size is about right. Just looks a bit goofy to me. Like someone said, a rocket under that cloak. Now that I think about it, he dosen't even have his whip while falling.

lotrttt0055qp7.jpg

^^ made for a better dio. But not that exact scene. He lost his wings there.

:D

One more bites the dust..............:banana

Relax man, take a deep breath ok, feel better........

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST, get a clue, its not personal attack on you.....:rolleyes: So if you like enjoy and if one doesnt dont enjoy, wow, does somebody need a vacation???

I didn't take it personal.
I buy based on what I like.
I just made an observation is all, and a request.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Same old, same old with you is all.

If SS removed the whip attached to GTG's ankle, that would make for a 1000% better representation.

The whip doesn't bother me at all, aside from the overall thinness - it's the Gandalf portrait, I think attempting a realistic likeness hurt in this case; the scale mandated too big a head.

I do think Gandalf's portrait is a hair large, but this piece is good enough it made me just order the Balrog LSB & this to be the only representation of LOTR in my collection ... :monkey1

The whip doesn't bother me at all, aside from the overall thinness - it's the Gandalf portrait, I think attempting a realistic likeness hurt in this case; the scale mandated too big a head.

i think thats my only issue.... but Iv seen pics it looks great also ..... youce seen it in person, still too large ???

i think thats my only issue.... but Iv seen pics it looks great also ..... youce seen it in person, still too large ???

For me yes, I think ideally I would have preferred that Gandalf be looking down at the Balrog and only have the likeness hinted towards. I have to admire the sculptor's efforts in getting an accurate McKellen likeness, but it works against the piece in my eyes. In order to acheive it, the head is out of proportion and appears cartoony - and of course the one I saw was the proto, typically having a better paint job. My other nit is the mixed media mane, I don't really think the translucent flames look good with the polystone counterpart.

My mind is far from made up on this one, I will probably only get it for a drastic discount.

:eek:

See to me GTG is fine in the scale they used. Its as accurate as I think you can get without going too far the other way.

For me yes, I think ideally I would have preferred that Gandalf be looking down at the Balrog and only have the likeness hinted towards. I have to admire the sculptor's efforts in getting an accurate McKellen likeness, but it works against the piece in my eyes. In order to acheive it, the head is out of proportion and appears cartoony - and of course the one I saw was the proto, typically having a better paint job. My other nit is the mixed media mane, I don't really think the translucent flames look good with the polystone counterpart.

My mind is far from made up on this one, I will probably only get it for a drastic discount.

:eek:

That was my first impression that in comparison to the Balrog Gandalf and the whip have that plastic look about them.

See to me GTG is fine in the scale they used. Its as accurate as I think you can get without going too far the other way.

That's what I've been thinking as well. Admittedly, I haven't seen it in person, so I can only go by the pics that you and others have posted, but I honestly don't see what the problem is that some people are having with the piece. The scale looks as good as it can to me, the whip around Gandalf's ankle and his hand on the horn are necessary to tether him to the piece (unless someone knows of a reliable way to suspend him in mid air ;)).

I like the piece, and I'm glad I have it on order.

Back