baloo custom biomask for HT original Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you friends! You're great, really!
(sorry to repeat myself constantly, eh... But as you don't stop either... hehe)

Otherwise, I've advanced a little bit today: apart from some hardware parts produced in series in order to take a little advance and the fact I prepared the template for thermoformed lenses, I waited for news of my supplier about Alclad restocking, but nothing... I'll have to recontact tomorrow morning.

I'd say paint it pink with smiley face on it :D

Anyway this will be the ultimate Pred mask in any size except 1:1. This would go well for HT collectors as well for people who don't even own the Pred. :rock

Haha... Painted pink with a smiley?
Mhhhhh :cuckoo:
It would be at least remarkable!
... Fluorescent, the pink, I suppose?
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

picture.php

the mask looks larger when you look at the predator's eyes through the visor. funny looks :D

looking forward to the outcome :panic:

Hello and thank you for all your comments, friends!

Here is the first layer of Alclad aluminum color. I'll apply the Bronze color in interior areas as soon as I'll have received it and then a wash of black that will highlight the details and the mask will match better to the rest of the armor (while remaining a little more flashy than the original).

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

The templates in resin for the lens are ready to be poured with a specific silicone for low-melting metal casting, because if these templates were used as such, they would not stand long by repeated applications of warm clear plastic sheets to take the form of templates which are themselves set on a grid where the air is sucked.
This may seem a bit confusing but you'll understand immediately when I'll post the pics of this step.

picture.php

I also specify that this copy will not be sold because it is used to settle some points in the process of making, and it has flaws that should no longer exist on your shipped models.

Hello and thank you for all your comments, friends!

Here is the first layer of Alclad aluminum color. I'll apply the Bronze color in interior areas as soon as I'll have received it and then a wash of black that will highlight the details and the mask will match better to the rest of the armor (while remaining a little more flashy than the original).

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

The templates in resin for the lens are ready to be poured with a specific silicone for low-melting metal casting, because if these templates were used as such, they would not stand long by repeated applications of warm clear plastic sheets to take the form of templates which are themselves set on a grid where the air is sucked.
This may seem a bit confusing but you'll understand immediately when I'll post the pics of this step.

picture.php

I also specify that this copy will not be sold because it is used to settle some points in the process of making, and it has flaws that should no longer exist on your shipped models.

:thud:

OUH.MY.GOD.

Thierry, are you sure wanna go this path?
It will lead you to pure and utter badassery and once you´re there there´s no turning back and people will expect no less from you.

Nah, who am I kidding...just go ahead, you know the way...
:rotfl

Haha... You are funny, friends! But your enthusiasm means a lot to me, so I request you to kindly receive all my gratitude in return. :bow

As I am a bit stuck, as long as I did not receive the 2-3 small orders for which I wait, I begin mass production...

... To me, Taylorism! :lol

Back