Awesome New IPod Nano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SepticFlesh

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is off topic from the rest of this forum hence the reason I am posting this here.
Anyway I have been using my second generation IPod Nano ever since it first came out like 6 years ago. After the second gen IMO they started sucking...then the last one is this tiny little square that would get lost in my pocket full of change. The worst part is it was a touch screen...I mean how can such a tiny little device be a touch screen talk about a horrible idea.
I have been saying for years that the IPod Nano should be roughly the same size as the first 2 generation versions only the whole screen should be touchscreen... Well, my idea finally came true and this new IPod Nano should be coming out this October. :)
Perfect timing too because my older nano is just now starting to crap out on me so as soon as this is available I am grabbing one in black. These little iPod Nano's are the best music devices in the world to use while either weight lifting or riding my bike. Again I am excited about this one:

https://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/apple-ipod-nano-2012/4505-6490_7-35440712.htm

Last edited:
I'm picking up a Shuffle today

Yes the shuffle is an awesome idea and really all one like me would really need as I will only be using the Nano just for working out with...but I just like to be able to select what songs I want to here more easily. I may buy an IPod Shuffle for my Mom for her Birthday. :love I bought her an IPod shuffle years back when they first came out and the thing has been nothing but trouble and after having Apple send us a new one 3 times in a row for having defective ones we just gave up on the shuffle and I just bought her a Sony Walkman.
I am pretty sure the new shuffles have gotten quite a bit better since then.
I am really excited about the IPod Nano I do not know why I get so excited about stuff like this...I guess it is because I love music and technology. :cool:

I do. I have an iPhone as well. My iPod touch is great for a primary music player... my iPhone stores everything else.

I miss my Ipod Mini. That thing took a licking and held it's own. If I didn't loose it, probably still be using it today.

People still use iPods?

Yes...I still use an Ipod as well. I have an Iphone as well which I love but I would rather have my Ipod Nano with me with working out or especially while riding my bike...sure it sucks that I cannot watch movies or browse the internet while exercising but at least it can still play music. Guess I am still "Oldschool".

People still use techmologies!? Pfft. I'm on my caveman ish.

-Sent using caveman drawings.

Caveman drawings are fine for communicating with those near to you - but not so much for instantaneous messaging over long distances.

-Sent using a fire and a blanket.

I for one absolutely love technology. If it were not for the new technologies we have today I would have to actually go drive to a store and buy these things that were called CD's back in the day...besides usually when I find a new or older artist that I want to check out I usually end up purchasing the whole CD just to find out that there are only 2 good songs on them. With itunes you only buy the song or songs from the album that you want...or the whole thing if that is what one desires. This is probably not good for musicians and they probably have to earn all their money from touring...but I mean come on quit selling out and make a decent album with more than 2 good songs and maybe more will start buying CD's again.

Still though when it comes to reading novels a real novel in book form is the only way to go about reading...the smell of the paper, the ink, just the feeling of a good book in my hand. I really do not think I could get into a novel if I were to read one on a computer screen.

Last edited:
My first ipod was a nano but 4gig was way to small so I bought a 30 gig I still have.

My first iPod was the 3rd one

20782084-540x539-0-0_Apple+iPod+10GB+MAC+PC+M8976LL+A.jpg

Back before it was 'cool' or even had a colour screen :lol

Last edited:
my first one was a 2nd gen :lol

Same here and its still in great condition. I tried using the iPhone as a music player while going to the gym but the Nano strapped on my arm feels so much better :D I heard about the recalls but thank god I've never had an issue w/it. That new nano looks pretty nice though ;)

Back