Prop AVP Predator Mask Set SDCC Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha... oh dear. That said, looks like the lenses had more effort put in than on the 1:1 bio's :slap

:lol:lol:lol It's funny because it's actually kind of true. Still bummed that Celtic's lenses were just painted, though.

they look ok. Celtic is the worst. I need the $85 to go towards Wolf :monkey1

And the other possible $915? ;)

Last edited:
Well, I received the set today. Box art looks great, heh. As for the masks themselves... I'm not going to lie, I actually really like them. They look much better in person and it seems like almost a different product than what you see in those crappy pictures up on SSC's site.

Chopper is absolutely awesome. Can't think of anything negative to say about him. Great sculpt, good paint (unfortunately there was a small slop of the black wash on one of his cheeks), and the pitting actually suits him.

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

Celtic also looks sweet. The warped bottom-left area of his helmet is nowhere near as noticeable in real life and the other side is also slightly diagonal so it maintains a bit of symmetry. Only downside about him is the painted lenses (Chopper has them too, but they look better on him because his have a bit of shading).

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

Scar is surprisingly the weakest, mostly because the shape of his mask seems a little inaccurate. The biggest issue with him is the paint job on the scar mark itself. Everything else isn't as big a deal. And yes, paper lenses. :lol

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

The bases are also nicely-done and have a little bit of art on the underside based on which mask it belongs to. Don't understand why since the masks aren't removable, but it's a neat touch.

Overall, I'm happy with these. The quality is way nicer than the pictures led us to believe so as an AVP fan, I'm psyched. They're also larger than I thought they'd be, though that's probably because the 1/4 NECA P1 isn't exactly 1/4 scale. I'll have pictures uploaded later today, hopefully.

Last edited:
Do you think it would be hard to remove the masks?

What does it look like on the other side of the mask?

Thanks in advance!

Do you think it would be hard to remove the masks?

What does it look like on the other side of the mask?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if it would be hard to remove them, but they definitely don't come off. The other sides of the masks are painted black.

If this place were a Yu-Gi-Oh! arena, I'd be the guy always playing Thread Resurrection.

Got these on eBay for about $80 shipped. In all, I am happy. They'll fit perfectly into more than on display idea I have. The hammered/pitted metal is a bit much, and Celtic's face is a bit turned to the side, but I'm still liking them.

avp_sdcc_1.jpg

avp_sdcc_2.jpg

avp_sdcc_3.jpg

avp_sdcc_4.jpg

Yea, the actual screen masks are nice. SS did a poor job with the paint on the 1:1 also, I had it a while back and sold it.

The Scar bio is the worst collectible I ever owned (until I fixed it) What I received was embarrassing! And I had two, so it wasn't a one off. One of them even had a 7" hair weaving in and out of the paint. And those paper lenses... sheeeesh.

At least they fixed that with the Celtic and Chopper though... By not even bothering with lenses :/

Back