AVP Noob

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigisnutter

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I love these and i will be blowing loads of money on this range. I just need a few things explained:

Can anyone give me a list of the Predators and Aliens in the Hot Toys range??

Are the Hot Toys Range the real best for quality in looking and realistic gear etc??

What are the variants, as i keep seeing talk of with and without cleaner kit??

Can anyone give send me some MIB pics of them?? are they displayable in box or do they have to be taken out to be seen to any extent??

That's about it atm, but im sure i'll think of more!! lol
(also got my eye on the Dark Knight stuff and Star Wars....god i'm gonna be poor!!)

I dont know what Hot Toys Range means....

But if you want to start collecting them, just get the newest figures. The Wolf, Lost Hunter, AvP-R Alien, insted of going to track down all the old ones. Unless you wanted an old one.

welcome fellow UK'er. be prepared to pay £300 and up for the avp preds :monkey2:monkey2 your better off getting the newer ones which retail at about £120-140. its a rich mans game :lol

avp1.jpg
Scar_Predator-Hot_Toys.jpg

personally, i'd skip the old ones unless you don't care about head sculpts or $$.

then again, it's not like anybody is making anything better.
________
Half-baked

Last edited:
VERY cool to see you joined up over here!

Don't take anyone else's opinions over your own personal taste, and buy whatever you want to. I think some questions have been answered pretty well, but I will repeat that, you may want to skip the AVP guys and go straight into the newer figures that are easier to find, cheaper, and have much better detail.

Then again, I personally LIKED AVP, and love both my Scar, and Elder Predators from that series. Stick around, get some posts under your belt to access the For Sale board, and you can eventually find a pretty solid deal on them!

VERY cool to see you joined up over here!

Don't take anyone else's opinions over your own personal taste, and buy whatever you want to. I think some questions have been answered pretty well, but I will repeat that, you may want to skip the AVP guys and go straight into the newer figures that are easier to find, cheaper, and have much better detail.

Then again, I personally LIKED AVP, and love both my Scar, and Elder Predators from that series. Stick around, get some posts under your belt to access the For Sale board, and you can eventually find a pretty solid deal on them!

Totally agree, go with what you want! :peace

Last edited:
Aye, I don't need anyone to tell me what 'sucks' and what is 'awesome' - I can draw my own conclusions and form my own opinions very well on my own.

Kinda sucks people would tell him not to buy something based on their biased opinions.

Are the Hot Toys Range the real best for quality in looking and realistic gear etc??

What are the variants, as i keep seeing talk of with and without cleaner kit??

Can anyone give send me some MIB pics of them?? are they displayable in box or do they have to be taken out to be seen to any extent??

That's about it atm, but im sure i'll think of more!! lol
(also got my eye on the Dark Knight stuff and Star Wars....god i'm gonna be poor!!)

Yes the Hot Toys Preds are really awesome figures. There is so much detail on them. They are truly outstanding ...

There are some variants. For example there is a Predator 2 and a Predator 2 battle damaged. The difference is that the battle damaged one has more accessories like a alien scull, a cut off arm, a medical kit and so on. He also has green Blood painted on the armor, the body and on the mouth.

There is a list posted in this board in which all Hot Toys releases are written. In this list are all the Predator releases so far.

I like to display my Preds assembled. I enjoy them more this way.

IMO the Predator 2 Elder and the AVPR Wolf / cleaner Kit are the best looking of the Line.

If you're based in the U.K (like me ), be prepared to be screwed price wise , especially for the older Preds . More U.K dealers appear to be stocking the newer figures so that would be the easiest route to take . Ignore the nay-sayers though , regarding the AVP figures , despite your views of the movie , they are beautiful figures and worth the price (if your able to find them, that is !) Ordering direct from Sideshow makes the most economic sense , but the recent Preds are wait list only at the moment . Yes , Hot Toys figures ARE expensive , but once you have one in hand , it WILL change your attitude to collecting . For example , I used to collect loads of different stuff , from 1/6 military to every movie licence going .Then, a couple of years ago , I bit the bullet and bought my first Hot Toys figure ( Robocop ) and felt guilty as Hell about the cost ( it cost best part of £100 after all !), at the time the most I'd paid for a figure was £40 ( BBI's Takara licenced Cyber-Ninja guys who's names escape me at the moment) and THAT had hurt the old wallet for sure !Then Robocop arrived and all guilt over the cost disappeared . Since then my collecting has altered to the extent that a large part of my old collection has been sold off to facilitate the buying of more H.T stuff . Basically , once you get your hands on a Hot Toys Predator ( any Predator) , nothing else will do ! I guarantee it WILL become an obsession , but at least you've got the support of the Freaks on this board to help you through the dark times . I personally have just developed a bit of a Medicom habit as well so basically all hope is lost for me . :(

Aye, I don't need anyone to tell me what 'sucks' and what is 'awesome' - I can draw my own conclusions and form my own opinions very well on my own.

Kinda sucks people would tell him not to buy something based on their biased opinions.

If I'm correct were all joking. :monkey3

If I really thought avp blew I wouldn't have over a thousand pounds of memorabilia from it. :monkey4

I'm just saying , hes best of now probably collecting from the original movies unless hes rich.

I'm in agreement with adam, although the new figures are better and more detailed if you like the old ones be prepared to pay a mint. Myself personally I'd skip and get the newer ones, wolf is just too bad ass

Back