AVP game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you've got your heart set on the PC version, there's always Boot Camp.

I don't really. I already have a PS3 and ordered the Hunter Edition for it a while ago. I'd like to see how much of a difference there is between the console and PC versions, but since I really don't have a lot of time for gaming these days anyway, I'll probably just enjoy the single player campaigns for a while and think about trying the online stuff later on. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.

...,I played as a marine and you can kill each other! I was getting spammed by some chump as marine players who kept killing me instead of the enemy.Very dissapointing...:mad:
Dude, the demo only includes regular deathmatch, not team deathmatch. It's every man for himself. That's why the other marines were killing you :eek:

Dude, the demo only includes regular deathmatch, not team deathmatch. It's every man for himself. That's why the other marines were killing you :eek:

funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

:rotfl

I only had a chance to play about 3 rounds last night; two as a predator and one as an alien. I had a helluva a time killing aliens as the predator, and got a lot more kills as an alien. It's odd to me that the little flippers are the attack buttons and the big flippers seem to do nothing. It also seems the predator only has his blades, which seems odd. There were items you could pick up as the Predator (I thought maybe if you collected enough you could fire your canon) but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what they were for or what they did. Anybody?

I only had a chance to play about 3 rounds last night; two as a predator and one as an alien. I had a helluva a time killing aliens as the predator, and got a lot more kills as an alien. It's odd to me that the little flippers are the attack buttons and the big flippers seem to do nothing. It also seems the predator only has his blades, which seems odd. There were items you could pick up as the Predator (I thought maybe if you collected enough you could fire your canon) but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what they were for or what they did. Anybody?

I only played as a Predator once, I found the spear and the shuriken, but I couldn't find the Plasma cannon or a Spear gun...

Finally got a few games! I really enjoyed it! The plasma cannon is in the big open area at the top of the room, you have to do focus jumps to get it.

If you play as a marine I highly recommend the shotgun.that weapon kicks arse.Good to see that the cloak for predators can be used and the Targeting on the smartgun works:D

Well given Rebellion's track record I'm not surprised I found the demo somewhat lacking. It's so last gen, heck no, probably more 90's in design. Graphically abysmal with terrible animation and all the advances in FPS design over the past decade seem to have been ignored. How the hell Rebellion keep on getting gigs is beyond me. That SEGA put Aliens Colonial Marines on hold for this load of rubbish astounds me.

Still in saying that it could be that it really isn't reprasentative of the final game. However with less than two weeks to go I'm not holding my breath. :(

try playing it more. once you get the hang of it its really good.

Just played a few rounds as a marine and can't wait for the single player experience of that!!! My only complaint so far for MP is that if you get hit, you go totally helpless for a moment (can't aim/shoot) so you have no real way of defending your self at close range cause the aliens or preds can just keep slashing you until you die and you can't do jack about it :(

Well given Rebellion's track record I'm not surprised I found the demo somewhat lacking. It's so last gen, heck no, probably more 90's in design. Graphically abysmal with terrible animation and all the advances in FPS design over the past decade seem to have been ignored. How the hell Rebellion keep on getting gigs is beyond me. That SEGA put Aliens Colonial Marines on hold for this load of rubbish astounds me.

Still in saying that it could be that it really isn't reprasentative of the final game. However with less than two weeks to go I'm not holding my breath. :(

whoa thats pretty harsh,I definitely find it more enjoyable than the first and second and graphically it aint that bad.hey just because a game isnt graphically superior doesnt mean its not enjoyable.thats like saying that only movies with the amount of effects like Avatar are worth watching,some of my favourite games are rat____ graphically now but theyre still enjoyable.Id much rather have a game that is enjoyable to play and have decent graphics than playing a polished turd.

Just played a few rounds as a marine and can't wait for the single player experience of that!!! My only complaint so far for MP is that if you get hit, you go totally helpless for a moment (can't aim/shoot) so you have no real way of defending your self at close range cause the aliens or preds can just keep slashing you until you die and you can't do jack about it :(

you can block.....or at least try too :rotfl
that is annoying though,but it happens to everyone so its fair.
Im just glad that you can actually use your cloak as the predator and the smartgun as a marine.:joy
man it was annoying in the other 2 games when you couldnt do that because people whinged that it was cheating.I mean come on what is a predator with out cloak and a marine with kickass fire power :duh

Back