AVP game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most games on the PS3 are not even rendered in 1080p it's upscaled to 1080p from a lower res.
I can hower enjoy true HD on my 100" DLP Projector on all my games ;)

Plus a framerate that only a watercooled quad SLI rig can deliver :p (I hate the slowdowns on PS3 and Xbox)

Anyway, consoles are great for fighting games and Rockband, but real gamers play FPS on a PC..

My PC cant handle this game.........time to upgrade or get a PS3....but then I need a HD TV as well.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I happen to use a Mac, and since this game is for Windows only (no surprise), it'll have to be the PS3 for me. Besides, I've gotten used to using the dual joysticks for movement and camera control, so going back to a mouse and keyboard would feel pretty weird now.

You can always boot into W7 or Vista or whatever whenever you want to play a windows game.

Radeons new line of cards with DX11 gives much money value.

I'm more into Nvidia and will wait until GTX300 is released. SLI setup ofc...

Thks, I guess I shall wait a little first before deciding what to buy....dont really like Windows Live, it sucks & half the time I cant connect to it.

just played the multi-player "demo" on Steam and it's a disaster.
there aren't enough players online to justify it and the server timeouts are annoying.
this is the reason why you don't release a multi-player level as a demo.
the other avp games had excellent CAMPAIGN demos. and actually made me want to play more.

also, just tried to find the demo on PSN and it's nowhere to be found. "simultaneous release", my ass.

the 90's were a long time ago:lol Console's are where it's at

Yeah consoles...:duh

PC graphics will always outdo consoles.

Sadly, even though they said it's not, this has all the look of a console port.

Also, Rebellion has announced a patch is forthcoming to fix the problems with finding matches in the demo.
The retail version will have dedicated servers, so we won't have this problem.

https://www.rebellion.co.uk/

Last edited:
I was soo dissapointed that I couldn't find a game on my ps3! :(

Patience my friend. ;)
The game will be released soon enough.

I don't care what people say..... I really like my PS3.

We should make a thread with our gamer-tags so we can pwn each other in multiplayer.:naughty

Your right :) I just can't wait!!
Good call! I'd better be half decent online, or I will sulk like a child! This is the one game I must platinum!

update - multi-player demo is finally up on PSN. but it definitely looks better on my pc.

anyone on ps3 having problems actually getting into a game after downloading it? its keeps searching for ages!

anyone on ps3 having problems actually getting into a game after downloading it? its keeps searching for ages!
yep. everyone is having server/connection problems.

like i said earlier - this is why you don't release multi-player levels as game demos.
all it does is force players to rely on online-only play and the limitations of it.
and essentialy makes the game all user generated content, instead of focusing on showcasing game mechanics.
not to mention - forces an unfair learning curve on less experienced gamers while being boring for fps veterans.

terrible, terrible idea.

If the movement in the single player is similar to that of the MP I think this gmae could be a disaster.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I happen to use a Mac, and since this game is for Windows only (no surprise), it'll have to be the PS3 for me. Besides, I've gotten used to using the dual joysticks for movement and camera control, so going back to a mouse and keyboard would feel pretty weird now.
If you've got your heart set on the PC version, there's always Boot Camp.

If the movement in the single player is similar to that of the MP I think this gmae could be a disaster.

You got that right.Just finished w/the 360 demo and boy what a letdown.The graphics are crap way too dark,I played as a marine and you can kill each other! I was getting spammed by some chump as marine players who kept killing me instead of the enemy.Very dissapointing...:mad:

I know what with the multiplayer demo, I wanted to see single player demo as a pred,very confusing when your an alien by the way.

2534d1258640167-pre-order-bonuses-aliens-vs-predator-avp_bonus3lg.jpg

what the hell is that???????

SERIOUSLY, what the hell is that ?

it's AWFUL

Agreed!!:confused:

Back