Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, I have war machine (love him) and need an iron man to match up. I really like the MKIII but the lack of an arc reactor made me pass.

The 42 looks promising but I refuse to pre-order. If it looks good inhand it may be the one.

can't wait to see more pics of your newest masterpiece!

yeah, I have war machine (love him) and need an iron man to match up. I really like the MKIII but the lack of an arc reactor made me pass.

The 42 looks promising but I refuse to pre-order. If it looks good inhand it may be the one.

can't wait to see more pics of your newest masterpiece!

Cant say I blame you for waiting on inhand pics...the Iron Patriot bust was again another lacklustre piece for me :( for $999.99 I was expecting something special from the paint apps but instead the colours were flat and dull...just couldn't see why Sideshow increased the value of this piece from their regular $799 for an Iron Man bust upto $1K :horror just didn't warrant it in my opinion :dunno

d5f7caaa86c3a19240ff6d22a3713dfd.jpg

Now I've got the MK42 bust ordered with Sideshow as I'm loving the added shoulders to give it that more complete look unlike the other busts in the series, which are all cut off at the shoulders...if that one turns out to be another flop then I can't see them bringing out anymore busts....oh wait a minute :lol they've still got the MK42 from Avengers to come aswell which is the same as the MK42 but with the pain reversal of gold to red! :lol

d638375e8e2dac955f7137f38604cc1d.jpg

Thanks Legendary Hunter, i need a iron man bust and the way yours looks displayed looks awesome so i am going to add one to the collection

No problem, no matter which one you decide to get, you'll enjoy it!

Thanks for the heads up :) I've actually used this guy before but on his eBay account when he designed some Master Replica styled plaques for my Lightsabers ;)

You got it bud! and yes, he used to do the MR plaques on eBay. You were the one with the awesome bust collection!!! Love the arc reactor on the MK VII, may I ask where you got that piece from?

I think we bought the display cases from the same place lol.

You were the one with the awesome bust collection!!! Love the arc reactor on the MK VII, may I ask where you got that piece from?

I think we bought the display cases from the same place lol.

:lol thanks bro :hi5: Yea, the MKVII Arc was taken from an existing War Machine bust as far as I know but don't ask me how the heck they put it in there :lol then a new transparent acrylic cover replaced sideshows original blue cover e voila! ;)

I'm in the UK buddy so I doubt we used the same person but I get my cases made by a company called Immortal Cases and Displays :)

:lol thanks bro :hi5: Yea, the MKVII Arc was taken from an existing War Machine bust as far as I know but don't ask me how the heck they put it in there :lol then a new transparent acrylic cover replaced sideshows original blue cover e voila! ;)

I'm in the UK buddy so I doubt we used the same person but I get my cases made by a company called Immortal Cases and Displays :)

That's awesome!!!! I'm going to see if I can figure out a way to mod that from the outside LOL. I always thought you were in the U.S. but still cool, your cases look like mine :clap

Alright, so I have been waiting my return to be finalized before I could share this with you guys. I received this bust months ago, I unboxed it, took some pictures and had it on display ever since. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I'm down on the floor checking some wires next to bust I look up and see a MAJOR crack on it that I had not seen before (back of the bust in the inner part, from one end to the other). I inspect all my collectibles diligently, there is no way I would have missed that. I check back on the pictures I took for my review and sure it enough, there is no crack. I have a feeling it was a problem with the casting... I think it simply gave out after a while. Looking at it, it appears the crack sticks outward.

I was lucky I was at eye level with the damage that day. Who knows how long would have been until I noticed. Here some pictures so you have an idea of how bad it was.

c50Y2fJl.jpg

gST8CYZl.jpg

I messaged sideshow and at first they offered me an exchange but I was so fed up with this piece that I just wanted my money back. The 2 year delay, the price drops and double rewards right as it was in stock (I flexed mine)and the lack luster finish pushed me over the line.

On the bright side, this was my first return with sideshow and I must say, their customer service is one of the best I ever had the pleasure to deal with. They were willing to help me even after months had passed on the 30 day return policy. I doubt they will read this but I would like to thank Belen, Daniel and Tesa for helping me with this issue.

I'm just glad it's all over and I have my money back. This piece is just not worth the price tag, in my opinion.

You guys should check your busts. If something like that happened to mine months after shipping it may happen with yours as well.

This is definitely not new thing though with these.

Anyone remember the great Mark III debacle of 2009??? Woooo. What a adventure that was. :lol

You see! The double rewards started having me consider it, but now I saw those cracks and I'm still skipping. You almost had my SS!

You see! The double rewards started having me consider it, but now I saw those cracks and I'm still skipping. You almost had my SS!

They still make awesome products. I'm sure the bust is amazing in person. It's just QC can be lacking on some pieces - they all can't be perfect though either no make how finetuned QC gets. If I can find the 42 bust at a good deal, I'll bite.

No the bust is awful in person. It is nothing like the prototype. I've seen it a few times , and I don't like it . The paint is poorly applied and dull . I was offered one for $700 from a lcs and thought about it, then passed. I'm hoping the mk 42 bust delivers

Really??? That sucks.

I personally don't like this particular one, but like I said, sad to hear.

I liked the bust in person but couldn't get a good head. First one had little dent and pink eye. Second head had paint flaw and would not sit right on the bust. Have RMA and retuning it. I had the Mark III bust and had the infamous paint peeling issue so don't have confidence in their ability to mass produce an Iron Man bust.

Back