Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bard and Tauriel are NOT selling...so it's probably Hobbit only at this point. Asmus REALLY needs to get Bilbo and Thorin done...and perhaps even AZOG. Those three would give The Hobbit some needed tentpoles.

I don't see why Sideshow would refuse to order ANY Thranduil. Usually they at least get enough to fulfill what collectors pre-order. They'll order Grisnakh but not the Elven King? What's the world coming to?

Maybe they are staying away from Hobbit merchandise...? How did Tauriel and Bard sell for Sideshow?

They still have Tauriel and Bards that are discount-eligible, but Gandalf was from the Hobbit and sold out.

I think it's terrible that sideshow won't carry this figure, he looks fantastic! Hope sideshow gets their heads outta the sand and doesn't stop carrying asmus products (even though I'd rather buy direct from asmus anyway)

Looks cool.

I would have considered buying him if he was wearing his garb from Smaug, the thorn crown and robe ect, but I guess swords/armour sell more than that sort of stuff.

Still, he looks good.

Guess they're being selective with which Middle Earth figures they will give room to in their storehouse.

Good news for LOTR interest though (which is my true interest).

This update posted a few days ago to Asmus' Facebook.

14915266_10153843066621968_455867408389882537_n.jpg

Since Sideshow isn't getting this (I wanted to use reward points), where is the best place to get it from? AlterEgo is out for me since I have to pay sales tax there.

Looks to me like SSC is only carrying LotR Asmus figures since they have Sam and Frodo up for pre-order.

I was thinking someone told me Timewalker had high shipping prices though if you didn't buy enough.

Dang, this piece looks great. Will wait till its at my local shop before making my mind up.

Back