Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't change the head sculpt!! If this figures looks like this when it is released, I'm in. I love it!

Any idea when this will be released, Asmus?

Yep looks fantastic I actually loved King Thranduil from The Hobbit. Lee Pace rules. Looking forward and hope the quality is great when it is released I'd pick this up and hoping for a Legolas soon.

Great looking figure so far, Asmus, one suggestion, careful to how the hair sets with the forehead. Also, try to make his skin matte , not shiny.
Otherwise it could appear as if he was sweating. Thranduil doesn't sweat ;)

3967c5c3af5b3d68b07792f59942e373.jpg
attachment.php

I agree...the one and ONLY change I would make is to make the face not be shiny. Elves don't sweat. That's an easy fix with the paint app.

Please do this one justice, Asmus. I'll be preordering as soon as it's up.

View attachment 298795

Not the most popular character, but from The Hobbit, there isn't many at all.
We are testing to see if we can do up to 40~60 % of armours in die-cast metal.

Please make sure the body underneath that die-cast can support that extra weight . ACI ringwraith struggles holding poses and broke on me . Die-cast can actually be a problem in my opinion .

True. The figure will need strong joints for sure. I hope it has ankle articulation and that the ankle joints are firm like my Aragorn. My Gandalf suffers from floppy ankles. :(

My wife and I are both super excited for this figure. Asmus if this sells well enough would you consider doing him in his throne room outfit from the second movie. I am positive my wife would buy both with out a doubt and I would love to see him sitting on his throne.

Also I saw on your store listing you expect to have him out by the fourth quarter of this year, is that true? That turn around seems really fast, but he would make a great Xmas gift

View attachment 298795

Not the most popular character, but from The Hobbit, there isn't many at all.
We are testing to see if we can do up to 40~60 % of armours in die-cast metal.

Great figure from the promo pics so far ^^

However, the base body needs to be sturdy enough to support the die-cast armor... but my previous Asmus LOTR figures do have floppy bodies. Don't think Asmus bodies are known for being sturdy. With die-cast armor, the articulation and stability of the figure will be sacrificed.

I don't think die-cast will improve the realism of the look anyway - Asmus has shown from the previous Grishnakh and Gothmog releases that with the right paint-job and weathering, plastic can look pretty convincing as well!

Thus, if Asmus wants to do Thranduil's armour in die-cast for the sake of doing die-cast alone, will hope that Asmus can reconsider this.

Great figure from the promo pics so far ^^

However, the base body needs to be sturdy enough to support the die-cast armor... but my previous Asmus LOTR figures do have floppy bodies. Don't think Asmus bodies are known for being sturdy. With die-cast armor, the articulation and stability of the figure will be sacrificed.

I don't think die-cast will improve the realism of the look anyway - Asmus has shown from the previous Grishnakh and Gothmog releases that with the right paint-job and weathering, plastic can look pretty convincing as well!

Thus, if Asmus wants to do Thranduil's armour in die-cast for the sake of doing die-cast alone, will hope that Asmus can reconsider this.

Yes,
it is exactly the concern we have at moment,
swords are no doubt will be in die-cast.

It would be great if we can have more parts done in metal,
it will add a good density to the figure.

Yes,
it is exactly the concern we have at moment,
swords are no doubt will be in die-cast.

It would be great if we can have more parts done in metal,
it will add a good density to the figure.

Please , I know its close to launch, its a great looking figure so far, but the paintjob needs a little attention. As we've mentioned before, elves don't sweat, so no shiny skin ;) And could we have some pictures of the hairline?
Great job asmus

Just ordered this. Love him, I just cant say no to Tolkien stuff. I need to make some room and re-order the Mouth of Sauron at some point too.

Back