Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These rooted hair figures look so much Barbie like, how can you collect Barbies and get excited?
I don't understand you guys at all.
As a 1/6th collector ,I am so disappointed that Asmus is actually listening to you guys and making rooted hair, especially for gimli.

Going to start calling you 80 grit. You're very abrasive.

These rooted hair figures look so much Barbie like, how can you collect Barbies and get excited?
I don't understand you guys at all.
As a 1/6th collector ,I am so disappointed that Asmus is actually listening to you guys and making rooted hair, especially for gimli.

Well...I do respect your opinion...however I would say there is a smidge more detail...plus I look at rooted hair as articulation...take legolas or any hot toys thor...the sculpted hair makes it look awful with a slight head turn...and completely limits articulation and posing options....now don't get me wrong...some rooted hair is not good looking....in fact I have had my legolas tauriel sauromon and that thranduil all rehaired...it has a long way to go...but to say that they look like barbies...that's a little much...if you do collect....you know these figures are much more...but hey respect your opinion

I usually prefer molded hair but have to admit that Aragorn and Boromir look pretty good with rooted hair. Saruman would have looked awful with molded hair.

Even Hot Toys, who do the best sculpted hair out there, is going the rooted way with long hair. As others have said, articulation is highly hindered with sculpted long hair, like in Legolas. He's a fantastic figure, but it sucks that he can't pose his head well because of the hair. I prefer rooted hair all the day.

Also with sculpted hair even if you can get decent articulation you end up with an unnaturally floating chunk of hair...rooted hair done right looks so good

Hot toys Aquaman and thor ,they both have sculpted hair,
Because hot toys knows rooted hair is awful

Hot toys Aquaman and thor ,they both have sculpted hair,
Because hot toys knows rooted hair is awful

They do and if you try and pose that Thor and aquaman...there hair is going to look awful floating there...i enjoy posing my figures with heads turned or facing up or down...not just straight forward, but lucky you there are a lot of sculpted hair figures out there so enjoy. I like the increased realism and added natural articulation when posing

IMG_2195.JPG

Some commission work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8vosn6.jpg

Paid a pretty penny but picked this guy up. Absolutely love it. How hard is it to remove the armor?

I wish Asmus would make a second figure with his throne room outfit. Maybe improve upon the headsculpt a tiny bit.

I wish Asmus would make a second figure with his throne room outfit. Maybe improve upon the headsculpt a tiny bit.
Honestly I'd just take a slim release at this point (or for my Entertainment Earth order to finally be fulfilled :lol).

Honestly I'd just take a slim release at this point (or for my Entertainment Earth order to finally be fulfilled :lol).

I'd go for that I wish I had a second Thranduil, just to have him. Great fig. Thranduil on throne would be incredible.

With Thranduil I re-arranged the hair, and gave him a new pose. Not very original (nearly the same as the promo pics) but hyper charismatic. I like rooted hair, when it's well done it brings the figure to the next level, it adds more texture and the figure looks very different from a statue.
:)

Attachments

• IMG_7871.jpg
    IMG_7871.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 189
If anyone’s in need of Thranduil (who in turn needs some TLC due to issues) shoot me a PM. He’s sadly not growing on me. Really just not fond of this outfit. I was surprised - it stained the face on my figure, AND some bits of his hair. :mad: Not pleased. Has this happened to anyone else?

If anyone’s in need of Thranduil (who in turn needs some TLC due to issues) shoot me a PM. He’s sadly not growing on me. Really just not fond of this outfit. I was surprised - it stained the face on my figure, AND some bits of his hair. :mad: Not pleased. Has this happened to anyone else?

Pics?

Back