Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The point was to show the more obvious tweaks to the existing sculpt, not to bend and push things to make it look exactly like Tauriel from that particular angle. That would require a resculpt, not a display of photoshop skills. That said, I think some minor tweaks could improve on the likeness, not necessarily make it spot on -- such as fixing the shape of the nose and reducing the eyes. Not sure if they used the same prosthetics on the ears throughout the movie, but the shape in the figure didn't match the pic. However I will buy the figure either way,

The point was to show the more obvious tweaks to the existing sculpt, not to bend and push things to make it look exactly like Tauriel from that particular angle. That would require a resculpt, not a display of photoshop skills. That said, I think some minor tweaks could improve on the likeness, not necessarily make it spot on -- such as fixing the shape of the nose and reducing the eyes. Not sure if they used the same prosthetics on the ears throughout the movie, but the shape in the figure didn't match the pic. However I will buy the figure either way,

Oh yes, don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. Even though I don't think the tweaks will be minor. What I mean by "they" in "they have a lot of homework to do" is Asmus. They certainly has a lot more to do with this Tauriel, especially on improving her likeness.

Posted by Asmus in the Saruman thread in response to discussion of rooted hair. A sculpt test for Tauriel's hair.

IMG_7353.jpg

Posted by Asmus in the Saruman thread in response to discussion of rooted hair. A sculpt test for Tauriel's hair.

View attachment 154681
I would like to see the back of the head as it is now with the mix. I think what's shown here is fantastic but there would be virtually no movement of the head unless that is very pliable.

We are improving the HS at moment,
as soon as its done,
I will take some photos on the back of Tauriel's rooted head.

But yes, if we do this sculpted hair,
we can pretty much say goodbye to ALL head movement...

My biggest concerns about the sculpt is the upper lip, though it could just be over painted, and also her nose. She needs to have more of a tip on it.

The corset needs to be tighter like Dave said.

as soon as its done,

I like that sculpted hair. Could you pull it back off her shoulders more? Would that give it more movement?

as soon as its done,

Great to hear on the sculpt. I was concerned it would be too late in the process. I agree the hair sculpt looks nice, but if you look at the photos the rooted should look more realistic as long as the color and textures all blend together nicely. Head movement and posing would also be severely restricted especially at that length as has been pointed out. Any reason it couldn't be a change-o hair? Looks like we'd just be talking about one section that could be swapped out.

Thank you for listening about the likeness, Asmus.
As for the hair, I vote for rooted, because the sculpted hair will definitely restrict her from doing a proper bow and arrow shooting pose.

There's something off with the likeness.........i'm not sure what but it's not looking like her imo. Look forward to seeing more of her.

I would be willing to pay extra to get two heads one with rooted hair and one with sculpted.

You know, that would actually be pretty great. I totally agree for mobility the rooted hair is the way to go, but having the option of the sculpted hair would be cool. Of course, I've heard the heads are one of the most expensive parts of a figure, too. So HOW MUCH we'd be willing to pay extra is a factor.

If we only get one head, I think the rooted hair mix with the sculpted hair is the way to go. Especially for an elf, where action poses are a natural fit.

Agreed! I would pay more to have both! That sculpted hair looks stunning. It would look great if I wanted to pose her in a static pose, but then the mix rooted/sculpted hair for action poses.

I wouldn't mind to pay a bit more to get two heads with both sculpted and rooted hair, it would really be the best of both worlds!

I prefer mostly static poses myself, with just a hint of "action." Otherwise I get worried about the joints and sometimes the outfit, depending on the figure.

Back