Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, mine is shipping from BBTS. Her cost went way up compared to their initial releases and issues with the head sculpt is really disheartening. I hope they do rectify it but as it stands I am still waiting on a Nazghul replacement body. It is an odd way to do business to constantly be playing follow up with replacements on all their releases. I really hope they nail Saruman and Mouth of Sauron on the first go. They need to figure out what is going on with their factory relationship/QC end of the production as their proto-types look good.

I don't know I have never really seen companies try to fix the mess ups other than the Witch King body, Bard wrists and Nazgul body. Look at Sideshow and their Drake figure. If you ever wanted to argue that a company did a bait and switch that would be the example I would use. Sideshow has improved a lot since then but they never tried to compensate the collectors that shelled out for the figure.

I do wish they could get the paint on females as well as they did for Bard and Aragorn and get to consistently sturdy bodies. Hoping Aragorn is their new normal mine has been real sturdy so far.

My expectations have probably permanently been lowered and damaged after I got my DX Indy so I am not as critical as most on here.

--

You have very valid observations and points that I can concur with.

I'll be the first to admit I am very damning of faults and issues with 1:6 brands/manufacturers.

I agree Asmus is addressing issues, but at the same time they can do better given what they already experienced. However, it feels like they haven't fully learned and/or they're hesitant to admit any short comings and make it sound like they're doing us a favor in some smug manner.

Sideshow is a different story. They just don't care. They can screw up any/all of their upcoming offerings ranging from PFs, 1:6, etc. and they will never admit fault or make it right to customers other than a refund or exchange at best and be honest about this. The very collectors/customers who support Sideshow are to blame because no one every forced the issue to the point of having it addressed and resolved in favor of the collectors for blatant and obvious issues from the past.

Delta, I appreciate your consisentancy. I tend to be more forgiving but I definently read and value opinions of others and when they are consistent in their standards company to company I start weighing their reviews when deciding whether or not to buy. The more critical the eye the more valuable their opinion is to some extent. Since I am easier to please my praise (or acceptance) is not as hard to earn as yours which from a to buy or not to buy moment getting praise from someone like you carries more weight. One of the reasons I value Crawford's reviews is he tends be pretty consistent in what gets a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 and if he does go easy on one he tends to admit it in the review.

My sculpt looks good on mine except for the heavy eye liner. I do think her complexion is a bit dark for an elf though.

if you erase that heavy eye liner her distort face is becoming more noticeable, guess that is the purpose of the heavy make up

^ I wrote the exact thing earlier. Completely agree with that. The distorted, melted face is beyond help. Not even with that notorious eye liners. Asmus.. do something.

Looks like they should have done what QMX did with their Mal figure. Delay the product and have a new head done and place them both in the product so the buyer can see the difference and why the delay had to happen. Asmus should have seen there is some distortion with this Tauriel sculpt before it was shipped.

Hopefully Asmus don't just include the new Tauriel head with one of their other figures, so you have to buy that one to get it. That is pretty lousy.

We heard you,
include in another figure is out of the consideration now.

It is more important now, we find out if the problem is our prototype, or it is the factory.

Thank you, Asmus.

I think it's the prototype. You need to do better likeness, on Evangeline Lilly.

Quoting the expert, Michael Crawford himself: "But take away the weird shape and you still don't get a great reproduction of the actress or character. The cheeks are too pronounced, or you can say the eyes are too deep set. Either way, the result is the same. The eyes end up too deep, the chin too far forward. Likewise, the down turned mouth makes her sad, not determined, and the end result is a miss in the third category as well."

We heard you,
include in another figure is out of the consideration now.

It is more important now, we find out if the problem is our prototype, or it is the factory.

It's good to hear that you're investigating. I wholeheartedly applaud the work you're doing to fix your mistakes after the fact, but I eagerly await the days when you don't need to any more. :duff

I want this but no way I'm buying her now with that issue- Asmus needs to get a replacemebt head out to those who purchased already and ship out extra HS to dealers who have her in stock to add with the figure. Hope it turns out well for Asmus..the fact they are on here responding is GREAT

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let all the potential buyer for this figure to think twice before purchasing it.
As many of the members mentioned before, the actual head sculpt is horrible.

I don't normally criticize a figure but this Tauriel is just flat out horrible.
She looks nothing like the prototype, and I do understand the actual figure will have some slight differences but the production head sculpt just looks weird in general :slap.

Unless, Asmus decides to correct the issue.
This will be my last purchase from them.

IMG_2557.jpg
IMG_2560.jpg
IMG_2562.jpg
IMG_2563.jpg

Sorry for venting my frustration on the forum :(

I havn't received mine yet and even after all these pics, I still hope she's not that bad after all... :pray:
But depending on what Asmus is coming up with, I might actually print my sculpt of Tauriel as replacement head.

TaurielWikid.jpg

I finally opened my Tauriel this morning. I had been kind of dreading it, she came a few days ago but waited until I had a moment. I have to say I am unexpectedly pleased with her after all the commotion on her sculpt.

I am not sure if I lucked out or what but mine does not appear to have the stroke symptoms nor is the hair as crazy red as I saw in other pictures/reviews. She also does not have the raccoon eyes so I am pretty stoked.

If I had one complaint it is that the leather vest/armor piece does not form to her body in the least bit but have read on hear about heat treating it, may give it a go. At first I thought my outer cloak was missing but found it taped to the inside of the box lid. I have not put it on yet. I had a devil of a time changing hands, had to run them under super hot water and then they finally popped on. Some extra pegs moving forward would be great.

As far as whether issues on the sculpt are proto or factory, I would say most definitely there was a mold problem with those that have a droopy side of face. I looked at mine closely expecting to see it and don't.

tauriel.jpg

Attachments

• 20160103_105124.jpg
    20160103_105124.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 149
Back