Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys, but its funny how I could have bought two of these the two times they were up and I do not want them. Same time you missed the two windows. RLRNG is a b****h
Same with me. I was only very slightly tempted to grab one, but in the end I just couldn't be arsed. :whistle:

Yeah that's the fastest shipping from China for this hobby that I think I've ever seen. Mine supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Mine was delivered today (Thursday) in Spain, I received the tracking on Monday night and according to the tracking they picked up the package in Taiwan on Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. This morning the package passed through customs and it is now 3:00 p.m. Super fast shipping.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-07 at 15.00.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-07 at 15.00.31.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 0
Received mine today. The difference between original head sculpt and the upgrade is huge. I’ll take some quick pics tonight and try to get some high quality ones tomorrow that really show the difference.

I love how this pic makes it look like he's sitting at the kitchen table. :lol

Excellent shots!

Completely unintentional and yes that is actually hilarious! 😂

It’s just a byproduct of quickly slapping the new sculpt on the figure, but the angle of his head looks like “and…?”

gtg upgraded sculpt.jpeg

Last edited:
According to Asmus the production numbers have been small because of “limited access to production materials.” I am assuming

this means the hair.

I think I'd like another one for my GtG 1.0, but I'm gonna wait till other folks get their chance before I shove my way back up to the buffet for seconds. :lol Get in there, you guys!
You are nicer than me, I grabbed 2 and never gave it a thought.
"Blinded by greed, they took them without question. Now they are slaves to his will..." :monkey3

Birthday Girl Eating GIF by TLC

Happened to see the e-mail thank gawd, don't think I could take the stress of round 3 of this.😱

Last edited:
Mine was delivered today too! Definitely a big step up. In hand the hair is not white. Took a few really quick pics without any futzing.
I like the way the light is in these pics - makes Gandalf the White really kind of glow, which is cool. Sometimes pics like these are just better than pro shots. And I like the little box with Bilbo will have to get one of those. 😁

Also been thinking if the hair isn't gray enough for some folks you could brush hair powder, dry paint pigment, dry brush ashes or whatever, tho I doubt I would mess with my fig that way. Maybe give him some waves and curls. :monkey3

According to Asmus the production numbers have been small because of “limited access to production materials.” I am assuming

this means the hair.

I like floofy hair like the InArt fig so may get some mohair and add more, or in any event fluff the hair more, screen accurate or not. But I will be very happy to receive.

While the original sculpt I think is very good, if you don't position the sculpt right agree the eyes look like demon-spawn. :monkey3

Meanwhile, just from the pics I am very glad about the bases and accessories and costumes from V1 and V2, which IMO ASMUS excels at (especially being a Hobbit fan, I need Hobbit stuff). Also it's a nice view of the finishing and pants:love which I am also a fan of...often better than HT, like with my Obi-wan where they lined the sleeves of the robe but inside the robe there are these seams, so you have to position the robe to cover those up.

Finally ASMUS thank you so much for wave #2:clap tho I will guess a wave #3 will be needed, at least.

Last edited:
Back