Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree I’ve got the Inart pre-ordered as well. As soon as more heads come available at Asmus, I’ll still be snagging one for my Crown GTG. Never too many Gandalfs. Speak of which I also cashed out a bunch of my SS rewards to get the new art print for $20. Even more Gandalfs…LOL! IMG_4875.jpeg
IMG_4871.png

Well, they didn't hang around for long. I was in two minds when I saw them, but in the end decided against. I'm not hardcore enough! :whistle: ;)

I wanted to post a gif with audio of the tic-tac ufo video where Commander Fravor yells "Whoa! Got it!!!" when his F/A-18F's sensors finally lock onto the thing, but couldn't fine one.

Anyway, got the email notice this morning that the upgraded GtG sculpt is in stock again and promptly ordered it.

Admittedly wasteful of me since I'll eventually be selling my entire Asmus collection. I'll be replacing Asmus's GtG with InArt's in my LotR figure display in a few months. From what I've read, InArt says they intend to make the entire Fellowship of nine. I guess it's just the completionist in me to pick up this upgrade for the Asmus figure.

If I understand correctly this ugraded sculpt comes with the upgraded resin hat? If so, that'd be awesome. I'll have an extra one on hand to try using on InArt's GtG if I prefer it over InArt's fabric one. I do kind of like the Asmus resin hat actually. If it turns out to be a smidge small for the InArt sculpt, I guess I can always mod it, i.e., Dremel the inside of it. Or conversely I can add some cotton if it's slightly loose.

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with the way this thing looks! There's plenty of points at which he's got a serious demeanor in the Fellowship of the Ring.

asmus gtg upgrade sculpt.png

I'm pretty happy with the way this thing looks! There's plenty of points at which he's got a serious demeanor in the Fellowship of the Ring.

View attachment 660312
This image evokes Gandalf the White to me (like in the scene where he reveals himself to Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli”), but it’s an improvement over the original GtG Crown head with those wonky eyes.

Damn it. I’m a nurse by trade. Having to work 7-3 today and just now on my lunch break I see where they were up in stock and sold out. Asmus please can you put this up as a Pre-Order? That way you know how many the people want/need and how many you need to make and those of us that want one don’t feel like we’re going to miss out on him.

lets put that white hair myth to bed...
although the flash angle slightly altered the grey colour
on the original head in this quick photo, its plain to see the new head is
just as grey- not white- and in hand, the colour without that flash, is almost indiscernible from the first.
(and it blows the first one out of the water)
same.jpg

Back