Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see that Asmus is offering the GtG sculpt after all these years!

If you're interested, I have both the Asmus original and the Crown release I'm willing to let go. Feel free to send me a PM (I can't send you one for some reason).
Maybe my box is full?
I'm good anyways.
Thanks for the offer friend.

Congrats you guys! Can’t wait to see what you all think of it in hand. Really hope they make a second batch so I can get one.
It would be very wrong to not make more heads, not just for V2 but also how many people own V1.
I wish ASMUS would provide some news on this.

It would be very wrong to not make more heads, not just for V2 but also how many people own V1.
I wish ASMUS would provide some news on this.
Excellent point. I don't quite understand a ' run' of 15 items?
They know the market is there, why not make enough in the initial release so that at least more people waiting for a very long time ( I have version 1) have a chance...
Asmus?

Asmus has spent weeks and possibly months reading people’s comments on how they were getting rid of their Asmus Gandalfs and getting InArts. I’m sure they don’t want to invest too many resources into doing a whole bunch of Gandalf heads with the chance of being stuck with them. I’m sure they will do more, they will just come in spurts as they make smaller orders and sell out

Asmus has spent weeks and possibly months reading people’s comments on how they were getting rid of their Asmus Gandalfs and getting InArts. I’m sure they don’t want to invest too many resources into doing a whole bunch of Gandalf heads with the chance of being stuck with them. I’m sure they will do more, they will just come in spurts as they make smaller orders and sell out

Makes total sense. Do them in batches of a couple dozen at a time. Probably also works schedule-wise -- doing these short runs might fit in between production runs of other figures,

I missed out on the new sculpt. I wasn't expecting such a limited amount and such a short time to order. Come on, man. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what these look like in hand. If the hair is actually gray I may pick it up if Asmus decides to do more. If not, I'll pass. I already paid $350 for a figure. I'd already be chuffed paying another $120 for a head. I hope it works out for the people that got one though. :)

Last edited:
Good job! It's one of the best shots Have seen for this figure!
Of course it does look cool. This figure was hyped for a reason and before inart was despite the eyes a very good figure.

I think collectors can be too harsh tjese days. Years ago this would be incredible.

Thanks for the kind words.

As a side note, has anyone tried to make his cloak all ratty looking like the InArt? I've been thinking about it.

Back