Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely the hat was designed that way so as to minimize the risk of damaging the faux hair.

But I think it should have allowed for it to site lower on the head sculpt so that it looks like he is actually wearing a hat.

In either case, I'm liking the figure, so far, and need to find where he will go in the display case. (most likely with the four hobbits...)

Surely the hat was designed that way so as to minimize the risk of damaging the faux hair.

But I think it should have allowed for it to site lower on the head sculpt so that it looks like he is actually wearing a hat.

In either case, I'm liking the figure, so far, and need to find where he will go in the display case. (most likely with the four hobbits...)
Yeah I understand that they were probably going that route to protect the hair, but it doesn't work visually. I would have rather them go sculpted with the hat and it would have worked and looked better imo.

I originally had plans to have him displayed with Frodo in a different display but after seeing how good he turned out I made a spot just for him 20210203_204939.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Great displays, Rzeznikk!!

I think the only other figure that would fit with this Gandalf (and his diorama) on your shelf would be an Ian Holm Bilbo, once it is released.

Great display, Rzeznikk! I like the Detolf background photos with the movie poster inlays. Very original!
Great displays, Rzeznikk!!

I think the only other figure that would fit with this Gandalf (and his diorama) on your shelf would be an Ian Holm Bilbo, once it is released.
Thanks!
Yeah, even though I have Martin Freeman Bilbo an Ian Holm Bilbo would be really hard to pass up.

Rzeznikk -- the perfect OCD display in every way! It is glorious. Like a museum.

But my god man, what is going to go in the Jaws display space?
Thanks Wor! [emoji4][emoji120] you don't know how OCD this was though deciding on how I wanted each to go where and what not! [emoji38]

I have my figure time line and my horror section which neither was as nerve wracking and trying to get this to work with my OCD! [emoji38]

The Jaws spot is reserved for the Sharkcity Ozark 1:6 Bruce bust. Just have two more payments on that. Thinking I'll add a resin base to give it the appearance of the shark popping out of the water.

Mass produced but very difficult to make. This head alone makes it worth more than the $350 we have paid.

Expensive =/= good.

Thus far, there aren't any pics in this thread that make the head look $300 good.

You can talk about the hair rooting and the clothing and extra pipe or whatever extra you want, but really, if the head isn't working, that's a deal breaker.

Take the new Iron Man thread, it's a $400 figure or whatever it is, it's still an intricately produced figure with hundreds of moving parts, but the head looks weird, and people are PISSED. But here, the head looks weird and everybody is making excuses for it.

Expensive =/= good.

Thus far, there aren't any pics in this thread that make the head look $300 good.

You can talk about the hair rooting and the clothing and extra pipe or whatever extra you want, but really, if the head isn't working, that's a deal breaker.

Take the new Iron Man thread, it's a $400 figure or whatever it is, it's still an intricately produced figure with hundreds of moving parts, but the head looks weird, and people are PISSED. But here, the head looks weird and everybody is making excuses for it.

Or maybe the majority of folks here think it looks good and it’s the typical obnoxiously vocal minority that doesnt. It’s fine if you dont like it. But stop trying to gaslight others into thinking their opinion is objectively wrong. The cognitive dissonance is strong here, your view of things is not inherently the correct one.

I thought this was an easy pass until I saw the production pics. So color me brainless. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe the majority of folks here think it looks good and it?s the typical obnoxiously vocal minority that doesnt. It?s fine if you dont like it. But stop trying to gaslight others into thinking their opinion is objectively wrong. The cognitive dissonance is strong here, your view of things is not inherently the correct one.
This thread isn't the only place where a good sculpt is getting berated by small minority of people who dislike it. But everyone will voice their opinion regardless, I rather just let it be and enjoy the figure. Leave those few to their hate for this masterpiece. Lol

The Jaws spot is reserved for the Sharkcity Ozark 1:6 Bruce bust. Just have two more payments on that. Thinking I'll add a resin base to give it the appearance of the shark popping out of the water.

Excellent! The sheer size of the Jaws bust will be stunning against all the other mere man-sized bites.

I have mine on the shelf too and the massive open mouth always catches my eye.

This thread isn't the only place where a good sculpt is getting berated by small minority of people who dislike it. But everyone will voice their opinion regardless, I rather just let it be and enjoy the figure. Leave those few to their hate for this masterpiece. Lol

yeah, I mostly agree. I am content to ignore people that only see the negative in everything. life is too short. but when they cross over into attacking other collectors instead of the product I can become confrontational which isn't productive.

on topic, how is Asmus with shipping to the states? is it relatively fast? I recently dropped my BBTS preorder in favor of Asmus directly.

yeah, I mostly agree. I am content to ignore people that only see the negative in everything. life is too short. but when they cross over into attacking other collectors instead of the product I can become confrontational which isn't productive.

on topic, how is Asmus with shipping to the states? is it relatively fast? I recently dropped my BBTS preorder in favor of Asmus directly.
Past releases usually between 2-3 weeks it has seemed. Never know with the current state of things.

When someone is being negative just for the sake of being negative, that’s counter productive. That we can all do a little less right? It’s worse when it gets personal.

But when people are giving constructive criticism where it’s necessary at times, it’s all in hopes for a better product in the future. Let’s be honest here, whether we all agree or not, companies like HT gets away with a LOT of BS.

buuut this isn’t the place for that.

I’m legit baffled at the criticism towards Gandalf though.

As for the speed of receiving Asmus products directly from Asmus, it’s fairly quick. Sometimes it’s juuust over a week, other times it’s juuuust under a week. Mileage may vary. I’ve heard horror stories of people receiving their orders 2-3 weeks later...but those are rare cases.

Back