Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Eyes look fine to me.

I think the eyes only look bad to people who aren?t buying the figure for reasons that have nothing to do with the eyes. They will also claim that they are buying it, to try to debunk this theory...but they?re not buying it.

Well, preordered with Asmus for the Q3 release. Hopefully some board members will futz and pose and get some decent pics. Not to mention try a few mods to fix that derpy hat to assuage my fears of dropping that much on a figure.
Looking forward to the pics, people[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not going to hesitate to mod the hat. Honestly, it seems worthless as is. I think it'll be a more valuable accessory if I can fix it. Not that I ever intend to sell the figure, though.

Mine is literally on it's way traveling across America from LA to my home on the east coast. I should finally have it in just a few days. I'll get some good pics out.

Package arrived at local postal facility today, should be getting it tomorrow. Pics incoming, tomorrow evening.

I'm not going to hesitate to mod the hat. Honestly, it seems worthless as is. I think it'll be a more valuable accessory if I can fix it. Not that I ever intend to sell the figure, though.

Mine is literally on it's way traveling across America from LA to my home on the east coast. I should finally have it in just a few days. I'll get some good pics out.

There's cloth stitched across the hat opening? Odd. I wouldn't hesitate to mod either. Maybe cut the cloth out, and if there's a seam in back, open that partially and use the cloth u cut out as a gusset to widen the hat so it will fit better. Maybe.

Although - maybe I'll just use a hat on V1 and keep V2 hatless.

Take pics each step as you mod the hat. You?ll be the guide for the rest of us haha

Take pics each step as you mod the hat. You?ll be the guide for the rest of us haha

10275F04-7F57-4ABC-AE9A-6BEE5ABDC0CD.jpeg

Haha

Yep I already have an idea about how I plan to go about it. I'll start by making an x with an exacto knife and try just folding the four fabric flaps up into the hat. Then futz and assess from there, as there are different options.

Yep I already have an idea about how I plan to go about it. I'll start by making an x with an exacto knife and try just folding the four fabric flaps up into the hat. Then futz and assess from there, as there are different options.

A huge thanks for doing this! Looking forward to your pics and hat-mod. Cheers

I haven't been following the thread closely but I asked Asmus when shipping would be for those that put in a PO earlier this month and they said 4th quarter 2021.

Looks like I have a wait. lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Interesting there are no decent Youtuber unboxing video reviews yet. Normally they get them first to potentially boost sales.

I'd like to see some Hi-Def video on this. But I guess they're coming.

I doubt these are numbered anymore. Asmus opened the floodgates on a once sold out figure. You can order these directly on their website and BBTS has them as well

I think this is good - Asmus always want their figures to be available for the fans. Making more if it sold out is a good thing to me. I don't collect for value

I doubt these are numbered anymore. Asmus opened the floodgates on a once sold out figure. You can order these directly on their website and BBTS has them as well

They probably just kept going until they ran out of Yak hair :lol

There could also be cancellations etc which they need to get rid of. So it's no big deal that it is temporarily popping up for sale again.

It's not like they made another 20,000 of them.

All pure speculation here, but I can imagine they were careful at first with the run size, not knowing how challenging the hair would end up in production, potentially cutting into their margin. This opening up of more orders could indicate that they realized it's become scalable after all, so they can make a larger production run.

I just hope my order from Feb 3rd is part of the first run(s), taking the spot of a cancelled order, instead of a Q3/Q4 release. But I'm mentally preparing myself for a long wait. :lol

All pure speculation here, but I can imagine they were careful at first with the run size, not knowing how challenging the hair would end up in production, potentially cutting into their margin. This opening up of more orders could indicate that they realized it's become scalable after all, so they can make a larger production run.

I just hope my order from Feb 3rd is part of the first run(s), taking the spot of a cancelled order, instead of a Q3/Q4 release. But I'm mentally preparing myself for a long wait. :lol

My order is from Feb 4th. This is their answer from this morning:

Thank you for the e-mail.
The product has been partially released in February to March 2021.
It is for customers who pre order it back in June 2019.

If you pre order it recently, the expected release date would be Q4 2021.
We will contact you when the product is ready.

Back