Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the response. Hmmm I am not sure what to do. For this specific figure I was eyeing one of the 1/6 Legend Studios display cases but I fear it will be just a tad too small: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/lighted-display-case-legend-studio-902152

If anybody has this case or any alternative recommendations let me know. I tried browsing the forum for it already but only found old old threads.

You might want to try this site: https://www.casesforcollectibles.com/

Can be pricey, but super flexible when it comes to options and dimensions. Plus, they seem to be running a sale at the moment ...

On the original base my GG stands approximately 33cm but I suspect you will need more height if using the diorama base the new one comes with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How tall is Gandalf without the hat on if you don't mind?

SSC delay notice on Gandalf PO to January. Don't mind as December is an expensive month; and anyway I already own Gandalf.

Plus even the U.S. Post Office is warning to ship early; suspect re Covid things will be worse than usual re shipping this holiday.

SSC delay notice on Gandalf PO to January. Don't mind as December is an expensive month; and anyway I already own Gandalf.

Plus even the U.S. Post Office is warning to ship early; suspect re Covid things will be worse than usual re shipping this holiday.

Yeah, I?m okay with that. Hopefully can pay for a receive Galadriel first to ?share the load? of payments over a couple of months [emoji23].

Honestly with the holiday season I would not mind if Gandalf waits till January or February. Worst case for me would be having Galadriel, Gandalf & Aragorn all falling in December.

Damn, I figured as much with the delay. I always assumed a 2020 release was a pipedream on this. But still stings as with the packaging being revealed and the 4k releasing next week I was hoping to have this guy by Christmas, but its OK. A wizard is never late. Nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Honestly, I'm okay with a bit of a delay as well. Because of all the gifts I'm hoping Santa might bring me this year, I'm 100% sure "more display space" isn't gonna be one of them! :lol

Honestly, I'm okay with a bit of a delay as well. Because of all the gifts I'm hoping Santa might bring me this year, I'm 100% sure "more display space" isn't gonna be one of them! :lol

:lol:lol:lol

For sure. I had to grab a quick plastic/pressboard shelf *cheap* off the Furrino Turn and Tube line (Amazon) just to deal with the *unexpected* HASBRO/Funko overload this year. (I like these shelves for a quick inexpensive solution to some things).

Of course, the upscale ASMUS figs get the premium under glass space.:cool: There's never enough of that tho.

Received a reply this morning regarding some replacement accessories. But also asked the question on when the releases are likely expected for my preorders.
Galadriel is arriving in January, which is exciting! The first 500 Crown Gandalf the Grey are due in the 1st quarter of the year. I have my preorder through BigBadToyStore, so I?m expecting to not get one of those right away. Has anyone else experienced a wait when they couldn?t preorder via Asmus?
Sorry, I did not enquire about Helms Deep Aragorn, as I haven?t purchased him yet.
Hope this helps!
48dacc41bea21aa9be49f7f7ea20c2eb.jpg

I?ve ordered direct from asmus so if we are first that would be amazing.
I?ve preordered Gandalf and Galadriel and am fine with the release dates, I?m happy to get an amazing product in the end.

Back