Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused with the strap that goes over his shoulder for the quiver. The little buckle at the front of the chest seems to have a pin that I thought was actually pushed through the tunic, but luckily I saw there was no hole.

Which part are you guys saying should have the glue broken? I'm not even sure how the straps can be adjusted since it seems there isn't much spare length at all.....

I'm confused with the strap that goes over his shoulder for the quiver. The little buckle at the front of the chest seems to have a pin that I thought was actually pushed through the tunic, but luckily I saw there was no hole.

Which part are you guys saying should have the glue broken? I'm not even sure how the straps can be adjusted since it seems there isn't much spare length at all.....

The strap which goes over his shoulder and joins to the quiver - you need to break the glue seal where it joins onto the quiver. That end will then just hang loose but will be hidden under his cloak and hair.

I think the main problem is the rubber chest piece - it takes up a lot of room.

To help this, you can break the glue seals of the pieces going under his arms and pull them to their maximum length to make it easier.

Hope that helps.

yeah, what jokes and bats said! You're not really adjusting the strap, it's more like undoing it and letting it hang.

Also, that little pin on his front buckle, I snipped it off then sanded the rough bit down. I didn't want it ruining his tunic.

Haven't gotten to futzing the shoulder strap yet but I had to do some shots for an upcoming review so I thought I'd share a couple. The second one is using a light painting brush for the "fire"

b380969ad1de2ae885112944ca7fc50b.jpg

8757fc2b5caea53ff7fc56493a6192bf.jpg

My Legolas arrived today. The boot that was glued into the troll head was broken in the box. And more than half the peg is still glued in there. Really frustrating. The peg looks poorly executed. It looks like a smaller brown peg was covered in painters tape and then there's the white resin around it making it a square peg. But the white resin broke off leaving the tiny brown peg left on the foot, with the white resin left in the boot. Doesn't seem to be fixable. Not enough of a peg to just glue back into the hole.

Aside from that frustration, Leggy looks like a vast improvement from SS version. Great quality outfit and weapons. The worst bit of Legolas is the yellow hair that has a green hue to it.

Anyways not much time to look the figure over as it's back to renovating for me. I'm bitter because of the boot peg, but I can already tell once that annoyance wears off I'll really appreciate the figure. I really love the troll head and I'm glad I ordered the LUX version. I just hope I can contact Asmus and get a replacement.

Anyone here willing to do a rooted hair job on the head if I get this? Name your price

Hey, your review indicated that the Luxury Edition was $299 ($100 more than the regular). Asmus must have increased the price from the preorder period! My records and invoice from Asmus indicate the Luxury Edition was only $249, so $50 extra for the troll head......maybe they increased it to cover the massive box and shipping costs?

You're right, mine was $249 as well looking back. But it's listed at $299 on the site now. Unless that's a mistake on thier part

Hey, your review indicated that the Luxury Edition was $299 ($100 more than the regular). Asmus must have increased the price from the preorder period! My records and invoice from Asmus indicate the Luxury Edition was only $249, so $50 extra for the troll head......maybe the increased it to cover the massive box and shipping costs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my god, getting the head back onto the body is an absolute pain the arse!! After correcting the orientation of the scabbards and putting the cloak on, how have people been able to get the head back on?!?!

I've tried pushing just the bloody neck peg into the neck on it's own without the head, and that's bloody hard!! I just cant seem to get the peg back in!!

Just putting the cloak on over the quiver and scabbards was hard enough, and trying to get the little elven badge facing the right way. Mine's ended up rotated the wrong way, but I ****ing give up lol

And those hands!! I had to dip them in boiled water for about 15 seconds to get them soft enough to put the damn pegs into them!

Back