Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. I'll get it haired in the aftermarket like I did with Aragorn.

What's the plan on Gimli? I still need to pick up the Hobbit. I've been foot-dragging on them because I was a little underwhelmed by the pics of Merry and Pippen. Would also be nice to know plans for Boromir, Arwen, Faramir, Galandriel, Elrond and Lurtz.

Haven't compared to photos from the movies but the nose seems large on the sculpt, just a first impression. Let me second the request for Gimli info, if it's a good final product I can all but guarantee I'll buy one for my son. He's re-discovered the Tolkien films and loves him some Gimli (and the dwarves from the Hobbit). Which is strange because he'll end up taller than me and I'm 6'2"!

The sculpt is terrific. Congrats! Please do stay this way in the production line. And bring us Gimli. They should be presented together!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Wonderful!!!

No rooted hair at all...? Or just mixed like Tauriel? Really curious what you're plans are for the long hair in this one, always assumed he'd get Saruman-style hair.

Yeah,
can't do root hair because of the braid,
it is also the reason causing us the headache on Gimli's mustache

Yeah,
can't do root hair because of the braid,
it is also the reason causing us the headache on Gimli's mustache

Ah... makes sense. So Legolas' hair will be all molded, even the long portions with braids? Very soft pliable plastic is the trick now I guess.

Hopefully that's solved because the sculpt looks great!

Sculpt looks great, seeing a lot of Bloom in it. Hopefully it's the LOTR version of Legolas but a definite purchase for me either way. Good stuff Asmus

Three points to make:

1. Nailed it in the pictures I'm seeing here - great job ASMUS!
2. Please don't make further changes, this looks great.
3. Please check the production pieces and make sure they match the prototypes before shipping. (Gandalf the White, ehem . . .)

Looking forward to seeing this for sale!

You've captured O.B. in that sculpt. Looks great.

The only issue I see is with the skin texture being a bit too rough. Should be smoothed out a bit.

You've captured O.B. in that sculpt. Looks great.

The only issue I see is with the skin texture being a bit too rough. Should be smoothed out a bit.
I agree about the skin texture. That really jumped out at me when I first saw the picture. Maybe it's exaggerated so that some remains through the casting process. However the elves were made to look like they had baby smooth skin. They were supposed to be 'pretty'.

Back