Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just don't weather the figure to death. Gandalf started out so well and the final product looked a billion years old.

Unfortunately we don't have Legolas to show yet,
it is near finish, only the clothing not ready.

We expect to see Legolas in full next month

Can you give us any idea as to who you will be debuting at NYCC, or will we have to come see you to find out? I will be there on Saturday, I am looking forward to meeting you guys. Hoping to see Boromir and Faramir maybe?

Also, will you have figures available for sale? I plan to buy an Eowyn and Saruman to kick off my collection with you guys, just deciding if I should buy them from BBTS or if you will have them at NYCC.

Unfortunately we don't have Legolas to show yet,
it is near finish, only the clothing not ready.

We expect to see Legolas in full next month

Can you tell us which film he is based off? Give us any insight into which clothing set he might have and which bow/quiver. Will he have different outfits to suit different looks?

Really crossing my fingers for LOTR clothing and appearance. :pray: Legolas was always my favorite character, and while he was still a badass in the Hobbit, he didn't have the same epicness he did in LOTR to me. Plus it kind of bugged me that he was in the Hobbit at all after reading the book.

I have Strider and Gandalf already and I'll definitely be getting this one even if it is Hobbit styled because I'll use the clothing from my old Sideshow one. Really want to complete the whole Fellowship! :D

I would love it to come with the options of the Mirkwood bow and quiver and then the Lothlorien bow and quiver plus cloak and broach. Really don't want a Hobbit version.

I really hope that the detailing on his knives and bow is accurate and well done.

I bought The sideshow and the DID figure back in the day so if he is the hobbit version then I should have at least some LOTR accessories and outfit I could use. But I'm sure this version will be LOTR with kick ass accessories. For me, I'd like a two towers version, with the Rohan armour as an accessory.

Can't wait to see it, asmus!

I am hoping for them to include pre-Lothlorien and post Lothlorien along with the Helmd Deep gear. If they did that I could see myself getting 2-3 for all the different displays.

I'd like a Mirkwood armor version of Legolas, myself. If the fig is LOTR w. an outstanding likeness might get him to re-costume. Been too many Legolas-es out already for me to get excited about another LOTR Legolas. Tho, for myself, I wouldn't care that Legolas would/might have the younger LOTR face, and then re-costumed w. Mirkwood armor. Because elves are supposed to be ageless. And sometimes IMO in the Hobbit, Legolas looked amazing, and other times looked older than his daddy.

But I can't fix an "off" sculpt.

QQ??20161209165820.jpg

Definitely see a lot of Bloom in this sculpt. Need to see it with the hair to see how much it resembles Legolas, but definitely the best attempt to date.

Looks great! Hopefully it's not ruined by the paint work.
From what I can see so far I plan on purchasing this :)

I am very relieved. I think this is even better than the GtG-sculpt and on par with Saruman The White. Even though I'm not sure if I'll get Frodo & Sam, Legolas will be bought if the paintjob is good. Keep up the good work Asmus!

(BTW, John Hurt/ The Hangman is also superb but not my kind of license.)

Any news on when The Mask will be shipped to Europe?

Back