Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can’t debunk someone’s opinion with your own opinion.

And that’s a fact. :lol

Oh pixletwin you always debunk yourself! :)
When I say that I don't understand why Asmus didn't completely cover some area of Gimli's face with rooted hair, hence going astray from the original, and that I can't see why covering that area would result in a huge cost increase, the amount of subjectivity (ie. opinion) in there is kept to a minimum. Indeed, it is rather an empirical observation, together with a very tiny logical analysis. It is a measurement plus a "why the ****?" and a "how much more expensive?", with an educated guess ("Not much more.") which I then even open to debate.
Then you guys go nuts over it, like trigger-happy babies.
And that's a fact. ;-)
The same applies to the proto being very different from production units: does any of you, oh Lords of the Bigotry, reject the empirical observation that the proto's moustache covers more area than it does on production units? Will you reject the empirical observation that the moustache on the proto is rooted very differently from how it is on production units?

See pixletwin? It is called O-B-J-E-C-T-I-V-I-T-Y. It is used to debunk people like you very easily, and have fun while you do it! I love it! And that's a fact too! :)

I eagerly await asdardianboy's collection photos.

Seconded!

Impossible. He collects answers to questions. Too abstract to photograph.
Do you, really?
Aren't you aware that once I post those pics, my Trumping your bigotry will begin for real, my moral authority (which you seem to impart around here) gained for good? You will lose the sole falacious, ad hominem pseudo-argument you have left!! You sure you want that? Come ooooon! Let's keep it as it is! This way, you can stay as you are, undisturbed in your roles of disent-busting cheerleaders! Come oooon! :)
m.

Upload the pics!

giphy[1].jpg

We wanna see Trumping!
:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

I want him to post a picture of the thesaurus he drags out of his backpack whenever he feels persecuted.

We’re talking about dolls, fellas. Can’t we all express an opinion, right or wrong...?

Can’t we all just get along? :wink1:

My wallet sez these are "art figures" not dolls:nono. Dolls are those ecologically incorrect chemical plastic blobs with the googly eyes at the dollar store.
Thorin_Funko.jpg

(Except for my Funkos and Cosbabys which are also not "dolls" they are "limited edition pop culture figures".)

Art figures, d@mmit. Or *action figures*. EXPENSIVE action figures. But a sound financial investment:wink1: - little Funko Thorin is worth 7x what I paid for him - so show some respect 'coz I'm gonna be rich!:joy:cool::gimli

8496468e8e1ea4cfdd52f719cf6203b2.png

Now that’s an art figure. Asmus did do a great job though. To expect a mass produced figure to look like this will never happen for any company hot toys included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That beard is wayyyyy too short. Should almost be touching his belt. I think asmus nailed the braids better too. However, I’m a big fan of the eye brows having hair and they did a good job with his head hair and mustache. I wish Asmus would look into putting hair on the brows. Saruman and GTG would look even better.

I eagerly await asdardianboy's collection photos.

Seconded!

Impossible. He collects answers to questions. Too abstract to photograph.

No. I need to see it. Show me. You must.

1gi-joe-uk-action-force-lot-custom-painted-broken-action-figures-figures-1.jpg

Sin título.jpg

caganer.jpg

Upload the pics!

View attachment 436807

We wanna see Trumping!
:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

FGTMP01_Trump_Action_Unpackaged_03_1024x1024.jpg

I want him to post a picture of the thesaurus he drags out of his backpack whenever he feels persecuted.

To_Kill_a_Mockingbird.JPG

We’re talking about dolls, fellas. Can’t we all express an opinion, right or wrong...?

Can’t we all just get along? :wink1:

We won't be able as long as the Ringwraiths of Bigotry are left loose.
On top of that, exposing them for what they are is both fun and dead easy. Pure guilty pleasure. You should try it. If more people fought those cheerleaders, this forum would be a much better place.

15857ef7e3863fb71e0b9f868fec734c.jpg

:lol

I understand asgardianboy much better now.

If more people fought those cheerleaders, this forum would be a much better place.

I see a forum where we are free to ask questions.... many questions... questions as far as the eye can see... yet do nothing with the answers.... but ask more questions.

My god, it will be beautiful.

8496468e8e1ea4cfdd52f719cf6203b2.png

Now that’s an art figure. Asmus did do a great job though. To expect a mass produced figure to look like this will never happen for any company hot toys included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddy, you are too sure of things you don't actually know. 4 years ago, "luminaries" like pixletwinkie or Worst-Gas would have said exactly the same thing if shown a pic of one production unit of Gimli...

That image shows a figure that is even better than Asmus' proto. And I bet it is again a one-man-band effort. No big money, no factory, no engineers, no professional artists, no machines, no nothing. Only one amateur artist up against Asmus' dozens of pros. And I have to believe "it couldn't have been done better unless you had paid twice the price" ?
No way. That's cheerleader thinking. pixletwinkie and Worst-Gas kind of crap. Won't take it.

m.

Back