Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Asmus!

When you're ready to send out your new and improved Gandalf the White head sculpt, do you think it might be possible to also throw in a few pairs of those newly-sculpted (and fantastic) Gandalf the Grey hands, too? I don't mean for free, I'd be more than happy to pay for such an upgrade!

Hello everyone,
If it's not against the terms of service, could some kind person please post a picture of the intructions on how to properly hang glamdring's scabbard in the belt? I haven't displayed mine with it since I took it out of the box and some how lost the instuctions.
Question for Asmus: Will there be a release of a better/more accurate GtW head scult? I apologize for necro posting and/or beating a dead horse.

Hello everyone,
If it's not against the terms of service, could some kind person please post a picture of the intructions on how to properly hang glamdring's scabbard in the belt? I haven't displayed mine with it since I took it out of the box and some how lost the instuctions.
Question for Asmus: Will there be a release of a better/more accurate GtW head scult? I apologize for necro posting and/or beating a dead horse.

Just to give you some what of an answer. Last I heard there is supposed to be a better GTW head sculpt produced. I think it is supposed to be free to those who purchased GTW.

Just to give you some what of an answer. Last I heard there is supposed to be a better GTW head sculpt produced. I think it is supposed to be free to those who purchased GTW.

It will be free for those who have both GtW and GtG and need to present a photo of both GtW figure and numbered certificate of GtG figure (actually card cover) to Asmus.

Hello everyone,

I'll recycle the old draw I made for the witchking (it's just the same):
Immagine_zps472d0696.jpg

Yes,
"Update pack" has been an idea in our mind all the time,
this will provide collectors to update their figures with us, without the need to spend extra money to buy a brand new set figure of 2nd or 3rd versions.

So I think this is a very good idea.

Any update on the idea of an "update pack", Asmus? Could we be seeing any new heads/accessories/clothes whatever soon for any figures?

i start to think that the new gandalf the white head will never be produced... it's

Asmus, are there any news on this?
GtG is long ago out, and this head was supposed to be a go along upgrade for the faithful customers.
At least let us know if it is still happening, and if so at what point?

why george doesn't tell us nothing about this head? they have promised a new head a long time ago... no news from.so long... george what asmus is trying to hidsen? if they plan not to release a new head at least inform us...

Inviato dal mio SM-A500FU utilizzando Tapatalk

After pre-ordering my Lux-Legolas from Asmus, I got the LOTR 12" figure bug and started going back to reviewing previously released figures in the line.

I kept coming back to GtW. So I went in search of one and found an excellent deal on Ebay. It should hopefully be shipping out soon.

In the meantime, I went over this entire thread and thank you all for some very good information, in particular, Wor-Gar, for his instructions on modding the head socket so that it fits better. Some great tips from several of you in regards to the vest, as well.

It's good to know they're still working on the new head sculpt, but I still think I want to sell this one, simply due to space.

My Gandalf the White arrived and I'm actually quite happy with the figure, overall.

My initial complaint is with the pins holding the hands. I went to switch out the right hand so that he can hold the staff and the pin/ball/wrist joint split in half...

I've tried heating it up and even pliers and still can't get the darn thing fixed or even pulled out. Pretty frustrating...

Aside from that, I really like the figure and will be working on the "water futz" and Wor-Gar's neck mod soon.

gtw 1.jpg

gtw 2.jpg

gtw 3.jpg

When they eventually do the replacement head/expansion pack, I hope they'll consider an updated vest AND a set of the re-sculpted hands they made for Gandalf the Grey. Those hands are really terrific and far better than the ones they initially included with this figure. (It's that kind of detail that shows how they're growing as a company in my opinion.)

Back