Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got no notice or tracking, just vat bill from parcel force uk, so its arriving wednesday which is exciting :) didnt expect it so soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, for some reason I never bothered to check the price on Asmus' official site. Was looking where to pre-order him, and just realized he comes with free shipping worldwide. Paid 176.52 Euros; the next best offer I found through European shops was 238 Euros shipped. So even if there's ~20% import tax, I'm still saving money, and getting him immediately instead of waiting until October. Now onto buying some grey mohair, to plan my customizing. :lol

I'm still not 100% sold on the headsculpt though. Planning rehair, repaint, and *maybe* resculpt down the line, though all that might change once I have him in hand.

Looks great but maybe stick a 1/6 figure by it to give us an idea of the size of it if you can.

Here you go...wheels are about 9.5" in diameter. Toybiz 1/12 horse with RIDDICK!
image.jpg

My LOTR display, waiting for Asmus Frodo and Legodas now :)

ThLbBLo.jpg

That is fantastic, great display.

How do you feel about the likeness for Gandalf and Eowyn? I reeeaaaaalllllyyy want to buy those two figures...but likeness is the biggest concern for me when buying these. I love the accessories Asmus gives with their figures, but honestly, likeness is what makes me happy/not happy with a figure. Sometimes, I see Gandalf/Eowyn, other times, I don't see them, and I'm pretty scared to invest in them because of it.

For anyone who has those two, your thoughts? Asmus is why I finally decided to make a name on these boards...I'm just scared to make the plunge when I'm not convinced I'll buy these with all of the Marvel figures coming out in the next 6-8 months that I know I want.

Gandalf's likeness is there. It's hard to capture in pictures but on a shelf you don't be disappointed. Especially if you use the right lighting. Welcome to the boards! :)

That is fantastic, great display.

How do you feel about the likeness for Gandalf and Eowyn? I reeeaaaaalllllyyy want to buy those two figures...but likeness is the biggest concern for me when buying these. I love the accessories Asmus gives with their figures, but honestly, likeness is what makes me happy/not happy with a figure. Sometimes, I see Gandalf/Eowyn, other times, I don't see them, and I'm pretty scared to invest in them because of it.

For anyone who has those two, your thoughts? Asmus is why I finally decided to make a name on these boards...I'm just scared to make the plunge when I'm not convinced I'll buy these with all of the Marvel figures coming out in the next 6-8 months that I know I want.

Thanks RandomHero!!

Gandalf likeness is great, i think you will be happy with him in hands.

Eowyn is not perfect, depends of angle for sure, but it's nice with other LOTR figures.

Got mine today. Excellent in person the pictures do not do it justice the head is really good. But the right side of mines head has alot of hair missing which kind of disappointed me

Last edited:
Got mine today. Excellent in person the pictures do not do it justice the head is really good. But the right side of mines head has alot of hair missing which kind of disappointed me

Looks like you'll need to comb it out and somewhat glue those strands to cover the scalp.

what I did was rub the hair with my hand,
to loose the glue, and the hair will break apart.

Once it is loose, you can shape it the way you like, or to cover up the scalp.

Tried that,it fixed it slightly. Still very clear that less hair was applied to one side. But mines hat was goin to stay on anyway, still an amazing figure. Still real happy with him

Back