Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smiling Gandalf is more like Gandalf the grey in the Shire , not Gandalf the White on a serious quest...

Yeah, and considering the figures released to date... a serious Gandalf fits in better. But a Shire Gandalf the Grey with a long pipe... that could be good on its own.

Maybe a second sculpt eh Asmus? An exclusive item perhaps? Nudge nudge?

Yeah, and considering the figures released to date... a serious Gandalf fits in better. But a Shire Gandalf the Grey with a long pipe... that could be good on its own.

Maybe a second sculpt eh Asmus? An exclusive item perhaps? Nudge nudge?
Good point too.

My point is that Gandalf i smiling quite often in the movies, but it seems there is no possibility of this kind of representation.

Clearly Galactiboy wants real beard and real hair for Gandalf...

:D

No... I really don't :lol

I was just painting the Sideshow sculpt and I actually like the flow they have with the hair, it looks very nice. And it's a good sculpt, but so far this one could top it... but the beard just isn't right.

Sideshow's is probably a bit too loose... and the eyebrows are crazy :lol It's a great likeness, but with the increased detail the Asmus could be a real winner.

Repainted Sideshow

680557ab-1f61-4718-afc7-2f7b8f682eec_zpsuxb1ig6a.jpg

mm....

I honestly couldnt tell you right away if it is a good idea to make a smirking Gandalf.

What do all ya think?

No... terrible idea. Serious look for Gandalf :lecture

Last edited:
Sculpt looks absolutely brilliant! DEFINITELY needs to come with some cool Gandalf accessories, staff + sword, pipe, and I would even like a little moth that he can hold in his hand to replicate the eagle scenes!! Thx for the tease Asmus!! ;)

Absolutely love this. If any other facial expressions are being considered, let them be a second switch out sculpt.

Don't know if I want the beard messed with. It does in some sense look like the individual strands of hair don't start at the face and go all the way down to the end of the beard, almost like some end halfway down and others start halfway down. Think I can live with the effect.

Anyone else gonna have a go at making this?>>>
Its going on the 'to do' list :)
GANDALF CART.jpg

Are you just making the cart and tack? I might be interested then.
It'll definitely be the cart for sure. Might add options like fireworks, barrels, lamp, etc. the tack will be more difficult but I'd like to do that with the horse too as an option.

:gandalf Can't wait for him Gandalf is my most favorite of all the Tolkien characters. :gandalf_w

Back