Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a real wardrobe photo of Ian himself in those pictures...

Viper Studios 2-17-19  (1).jpg

Looks like a real wardrobe photo of Ian himself in those pictures...

No joke! I thought it was just a photo for costume/make-up testing on the movie, until I panned to the bottom and saw the base of the figure stand!

I don't think we should be stealing Asmus' thunder by talking so much about the Viper custom here. Hate to see them come on here and get insulted.

True. Plus with it being unlicensed and possibly being $700 plus there is no way I will ever be able to have one. It does look amazing though. Maybe someone can start a thread in the custom section for it.

I don't think we should be stealing Asmus' thunder by talking so much about the Viper custom here. Hate to see them come on here and get insulted.

I agree. This should go to its own thread.

But we're just admiring someone's custom work at the moment. It's very impressive, certainly anyone can see.

I'm still very much looking forward to Asmus' new Grey. I hate the waiting.

I don't think it is bad for Asmus to see that masterpiece, or for us to point it out to them. It is good for them to feel challenged. If they take it as a kind of humiliation, they are oh so wrong...!

This way we can show Asmus WHAT WE LIKE, where the horizon lies, how far away they are from it, in which direction is the envelope for them to push.
I think that this kind of custom work actually is very stimulating for the 1/6 industry: they must do their R+D as to how to get such amazing results in a more-or-less mass production environment.

m.

Plus it’s not licensed. That means there is no approval process, pricing rules, etc. that can also dictate what a company can and cannot make.

Back