Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know all protos look a better than production figures - even the beard on Gimli was slightly better on the proto - but if they can get anywhere near this, I'll be THRILLED!

This looks fantastic!

I was 100% in the "all sculpted" camp on Gandalf for a long time. I liked the previous Gandalf the Grey, but the mix of sculpted and rooted threw off my eye. It was a good try, but didn't quite hit for me.

Then one thing turned me around completely, launching me totally into the "all rooted" camp:

Gimli.

They set the bar high for themselves on that one and then soared over it.

:clap

Hafta agree - personally I like rooted hair, but times it isn't done well. Thranduil I think needed more strands of hair. Legolas IMO should have been rooted in the first place - well anyway tho the hair work on Gimli, especially the line where the beard meets skin - simply outstanding. Plus the silky hair quality.

I'll happily order another GTG and GTW (don't own him yet). And another Legolas if he gets re-made.

I am thrilled that I didn't go the custom route, not that there haven't been some truly amazing ones shown on here. So glad Asmus has continued to test their own limits.

This is really great news for both GtG and GtW. I'm supposing this will go on the existing body and outfit?

I’m very interested by this! I’ve got all the original version and expansion packs so far (still waiting on the Frodo repaint that was mentioned) and this is a no brainier for me too. The original Gandalf is an amazing figure, but the head was below par. Where do I order Asmus? :)

Time to retire my old Sideshow figure i guess. The first version didn't convince me, but after having Gimli, i'm sure Gandalf 2.0 will be worth it.

This looks absolutely amazing! It seems like Asmus has been raising the bar with every release. Looking forward to seeing GTW. Hopefully they will redo Legolas with real hair.

I can understand the frustration of those who purchased both Gandalf figures from Asmus already, but I am very excited to see where this new figure is going and (unless something changes drastically with this figure's directions) will be getting this and hopefully a similarly impressive GtW. At least there is activity in the LofR market! We're very fortunate for that.

I can understand the frustration of those who purchased both Gandalf figures from Asmus already, but I am very excited to see where this new figure is going and (unless something changes drastically with this figure's directions) will be getting this and hopefully a similarly impressive GtW. At least there is activity in the LofR market! We're very fortunate for that.

I don't think it's frustrating at all. I purchased a Gandalf a few months ago, not a bad price for secondary market, but more expensive than Asmus store, for sure. And I'm super happy knowing that Asmus will release a better one. The better the figure will be, the happier I will be to purchase it.

I don't think it's frustrating at all. I purchased a Gandalf a few months ago, not a bad price for secondary market, but more expensive than Asmus store, for sure. And I'm super happy knowing that Asmus will release a better one. The better the figure will be, the happier I will be to purchase it.

Yeah - it's the old "think about how the hobby has evolved" argument: When I think about Dragon's S.A.S. figure versus what we get now from the likes of DID or Magic Cube or whomever, it's not that I resent Dragon for what they put out with their original S.A.S. figure - I'm grateful for the upgrades. Not a perfect analogy, but you get the idea. Same mfg or different mfg, I'm just grateful they keep cranking cool, detailed stuff out.

AND you're always going to have completists who will want GTW 1.0 . . .

Best advice for collecting asmus... Just wait for the 2.0. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m fine buying GTG 2.0 if no head only option is released. I’m sure it’ll be a Slim that doesn’t include everything that came with first version and whatever’s upgraded, keep and sell the rest to cover some costs. Looking forward to GTW and hopefully a Saruman rooted beard sculpt as well.

Back