Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a slim version Asmus Frodo for sale. Comes with the box and all accessories.
It has been customised by me. I repainted the face and added real hair. Also added weathering on the clothing.

PM for details and more pics

thumbnail_IMG_6851.jpg

yes, we still have it in mind, we just need to jam it into our production line,
hopefully by the end of summer, we will have it ready

Asmus, I know I'm bringing up a sore spot but is there any further news about the replacement head for our dark + sad Frodo. The post above was from 6-3-19.

If there is a new plan please let us know. I'm not the only one curious here.

Their original response to me about replacement head sculpts was all the way back in August 2018!! After this much time, I doubt they're planning on doing anything. Shame considering their representative on here made the promise in the first place!

Sadly, I think this is going to be just another empty promise from Asmus.
If they were truly going to produce a replacement Frodo head, they would have done so by now.
What about the replacement GTW head? I don?t see that happening, when the Crown release eventually happens; how, logistically, would that even be handled? How does one offer proof that they purchased the original figure, nearly 6 years ago?
I?m STILL waiting for replacement bodies for the 5 Nazgul figures I own; I sent pics of the COAs as requested. Multiple emails have resulted in a big nothing.
And how about the abandoned ?build-an-orc? promotion?
Now, there?s an issue with Elrond?s scabbard; I?ll just pose mine holding the sword, as I have no confidence Asmus will retool and replace the defective part.
I love and appreciate the LOTR and Hobbit lines, and own every release; I just don?t expect much in the way of customer service from them, based on their track record.

Edited to ask: WTF is up with ‘ and “ being replaced with ? in posts on this forum?

After this much time, I doubt they're planning on doing anything.

If they were truly going to produce a replacement Frodo head, they would have done so by now.

If WE give up, THEY give up.

The logical thing to do is to wait until they make a new Frodo, and then offer a new head to those due a replacement head from 2 years ago. Like they say they are going to do with the Crown Gandalf. Perhaps we pay a lower fee, perhaps we just pay shipping, perhaps its free... but that would be the time to do it.

If WE give up, THEY give up.

The logical thing to do is to wait until they make a new Frodo, and then offer a new head to those due a replacement head from 2 years ago. Like they say they are going to do with the Crown Gandalf. Perhaps we pay a lower fee, perhaps we just pay shipping, perhaps its free... but that would be the time to do it.

Yes, Frodo is going to be re-run, we have just sold out the last batch (blue eyed), in this batch, we replaced all (500 pc) green eyed head, so in the next production batch, we will make enough number for the replacement too.

But please be aware, replacement will only take place via www.asmustoys.com, please DO NOT go on asking your local/online dealer. when it happen, you can email us.

Wwo, I ordered the expansion set of head sculpts directly from Asmus, so if they really are going to do a replacement Frodo sculpt, that's fantastic. Look forward to hearing more news!

Yes, Frodo is going to be re-run, we have just sold out the last batch (blue eyed), in this batch, we replaced all (500 pc) green eyed head, so in the next production batch, we will make enough number for the replacement too.

But please be aware, replacement will only take place via www.asmustoys.com, please DO NOT go on asking your local/online dealer. when it happen, you can email us.

Thank you for an update. Why you did not produce extra heads with this new blue eyed batch that you used for a replacement? Well. I bought an extension pack from your store, what shall I do to receive a replacement head, just drop you an email when the news of the very last new batch arrives?

Thank you for an update. Why you did not produce extra heads with this new blue eyed batch that you used for a replacement? Well. I bought an extension pack from your sore, what shall I do to receive a replacement head, just drop you an email when the news of the very last new batch arrives?

Yes, we have records of all the purchases, just let us know when the exchange is open.

Back